main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Would the Sith had chosen Anakin over Jacen had he survived?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew78, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew78

Matthew78 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2006
    This seems like a safe bet to me, Anakin Solo had more experience with the Yuuzhan Vong prior to the Mykrk mission, had the lightsaber with the lambient crystal and had sensed them before, had a connection with Tahiri and the Vong already, had great force powers and was more impulsive, more prone to making rash actions and not debating things like Jacen was, and had a curse placed on him by Palpatine while he was in his mothers womb that he remembered later in life without being told.

So Anakin if he had not allowed himself to die and someone had taken his place would have been a great choice to train as a Sith, or to train period, both Vergere and Lumiya might have found him easier to manipulate and goad into action, as opposed to Jacen who needed to talk about things first and then act, even Jaina might have made a good choice too, but Anakin Solo seems like the logical first choice of Vergere, but his sacrifice ruined his usefulness and Jacen was picked, because he was close enough to be grabbed and brought into custody anyway.

No what-ifs, please.

2. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    If Anakin survived, Legacy of the Force would have taken it one step further and it would have been "SURPRISE! It was Palpatine possessing Anakin all along!"

Zeta1127, CeiranHarmony and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I doubt it; hopefully Denning wouldn't have been stupid enough to suggest it if it was another Anakin. Way too obvious. Besides, with Anakin's pre-death characterization, I don't think he'd touch the dark side with a ten-foot pole.

4. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    I would think the same of Jacen up to TJK.

Zeta1127 and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    True, but Jacen, while he did hate the dark side, kind of switched to Vergere's "intent of the person" beliefs. Plus he never had nightmares about becoming his grandfather. Anakin would've been more careful.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    Vergere's "intent of the person" beliefs is a fan interpretation that people shouldn't take as gospel. Especially considering most of the quotes from Vergere used to support that interpretation are her performing the Socratic method; it's erroneous to assume she's proposing anything other than questioning Jacen's preexisting beliefs.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Exactly. I never bought into her theories, if she even believed them herself. How Jacen bought it I have no idea; but I hope Anakin would be smart enough not to.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Sith would have tried to corrupt Anakin but it wouldn't have happened. JJK and all that.
    Besides why would they want to rehash the same thing? Been there, done that. One Anakin fell, why not have the other Anakin be the opposite? Is it really that hard?

9. LivingJediDream

Jul 7, 2010
    All it takes is a different name.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yes, because we need eternal tragedy don't you know?

Wouldn't put it past Denning.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Umm... Vergere's point was that intention doesn't matter, only action. You have to choose, and act. That killing and killing as long as you're calm, at peace, with good intentions is sick.

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, was it? Hmm, I really need to reread Traitor; it's been a while.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Sigh. A good Anakin would have done wonders for the galaxy.
    Seconded about Denning. That would be the worst copout ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.