main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  2. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Great post but "Best Flight" is stretching it a bit... :p

Here's a slogan for you... "B-flight, we're always Flying the Bravo!" :D

Adalia-Durron , Sarge and Chyntuck like this.
  3. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    How about the Barely Bearable squadron? :p
    Good post.

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Balzroth's Babes...

Just wait until Foodie hears Kayn calling him "it". This is not going to end well :p (and I'll make sure I answer your tag asap Sarge)

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Kayn has only recently figured out that people are people. Droids will take longer. [face_devil] o_O

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It's an incentive, to get the members of the flight to come up with a better name. :cool:

Any of our folks in California, be safe. Bug out if you need to.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

This made me laugh, really out loud.

Come on people, gotta be a better option!!

And agreed, no one ordered Mustafa in California :(

Sarge and Chyntuck like this.
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004

Some inspiration

Bardan_Jusik, Sarge and Chyntuck like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Why do I feel like the guys helmet is a bit 'tight'? I have seen it before and I do love it for a fan film, its amazing!

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    One of my favorite fighter planes, and I'll fight anyone who says it's not the most beautiful airplane ever.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    One of my favorite fighter planes, and I'll fight anyone who says it's not the most beautiful airplane ever.

I believe it so strongly, I said it twice.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm more a Lightning or Thunderbolt fan when it comes to old warbirds (more for the firepower than the looks) but Dunkirk was worth seeing for the Spitfire scenes alone. ;) Classic warbird with great lines and yes, a gorgeous aircraft. I've never seen one personally in flight, but the Air Force Museum in Dayton has one (in USAAF colors) that is neat to see. Actually the entire museum is amazing. If I were able to own (and operate) an ex.mil aircraft it would be a Spitfire or a Sabre jet. They both just look like they're already flying even when sitting still on the ground.

Oh and for you Sarge, though you've probably seen this before.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's funny, my wife asked me what I was watching when I was posting the video and I said something similar. :p

15. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I agree about the Spitfires, they are beautiful. My favourite part of the film Dunkirk.

Just a heads up that my time be limited the next couple of days due to extended hours :( I do have an idea for my post and already making notes for it to write up when I can.

16. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Hellcats are the bird for me. P-38s are a close second followed by the iconic P-51.

Sarge likes this.
  17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Yeah, Spitfires are beautiful. I think it's the way the wingtips curve, and the nose tilts up. That video was thoroughly wow, Bardan_Jusik!

One reason I loved the first few seasons of Foyle's war... Andrew the Spitfire pilot!

Sarge likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

For navy birds, I prefer the Corsair and Bearcat to the Hellcat, but the Hellcat is a solid plane. P-38s and P-51s are awesome. I wish I could find the picture I have of me sitting in a P-51.

Mostlymad likes this.
  19. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Welp, my first post in far too long is up.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Bearcat's are spectacular. I think I read somewhere that Neil Armstrong was also a big fan of the type.

Sarge and Mostlymad like this.
  21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Lightnings and Thunderbolts are all fine and dandy. For me, though, my favorite engine and plane belongs to the other side. There's nothing like the scream of a Messerschmitt.

Daimler-Benz......ahhhhh. Takes a few passes and a keen ear to hear the whine but its nothing like it in the world.

I will admit the Spitfire is a capable machine and beautiful to hear flyby. Saw one once many years ago. Left an impression.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Lightnings and Thunderbolts are all fine and dandy. For me, though, my favorite engine and plane belongs to the other side. There's nothing like the scream of a Messerschmitt.

Daimler-Benz......ahhhhh. Takes a few passes and a keen ear to hear the whine but its nothing like it in the world.

I will admit the Spitfire is a capable machine and beautiful to hear flyby. Saw one once many years ago. Left an impression.

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    For me there's nothing quite like the whine of the Messerschmitt 109.

Although I will say the Spitfire is a close second ;) Saw one of those flyby once. Beautiful plane, gorgeous sound.

25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

I'll take the whine and performance of the 109 any day. Although the Spitfire gets a nod from me. Incredible plane as well.

26. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Even when you can't see the swastika on the tail, the 109 feels evil. It just exudes menace. Me 262 is one of the most beautiful jets ever, IMO.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  27. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    My favorite model airplane when I was a kid, and I had quite a few, was the Me 262. Liked it so much I ended up scratching off the Luftwaffe insignia and touching it back up as a captured USAAF plane sent back to the US for study. :p

I was an odd kid.

Sarge likes this.
  28. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I am so sorry about the quadruple posting!!! My internet has been crazy lately.

29. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I don't think it's just you, Vehn. I keep getting error messages when I try to bring up any of the boards. Was terrible Thursday, better Friday, horrible last night.

30. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Boards have been totally crashing at my end ☹️

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.