main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YJCC-Senate Combined Focus Group - Signups here!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Ender Sai, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Excellent 'round up' Gentalmen - good choices all around. I hope the JCC regulars who were not chosen here actively contact the JCC Mods to become part of that section of the group - direct hint here Typhoo ;)

As I said above, my primary concern is with the possibility of the 'dumbing down' of the Senate, and I don't care if that offends some people. In my nearly four years here at the JCFs, the Senate has always been a haven for finding the real meaty discussions. In all honesty, I find the dissusions and opinions posted HERE far more valuable than just 'consuming' the news as often as not, people with oposition veiwpoints are more often than not articulate and well reasond. If I want 'shoot from the hip' political prolitising, or just plain garbage, I can read the message boards on Yahoo where disscussions about such divisive issues like the death of Terry Schivo are peppered with liberal amounts of "George Bush/Bill Clinton Killed Terry!!11!" or "Terry was killed by the (insert ethnic group here)"

I'm not saying the JCC is a bad place, but accusations or concerns that the Senate needing to 'open up' and become more of a place for the timid poster is a compleate disservice to those people who do find their way here, and participate, and where registration date/age/username is not seen as a measure of intellect.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    As a heads up for our participants, you're all able to access the FocusGroup thread within the Focus Group header. It is private and invitation only, so if you're looking and not one of the six don't be alarmed about your sanity. :D

E_S

3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I was asked to participate on the JCC side for some reason. So if anyone didn't make it in but wants something addressed, PM me and I'll be sure it gets brought up.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    For those who didn't get picked, or even those who did or who didn't volunteer, here's a challenge for you. I want to start a thread on the politics of music; i.e. discussing the politics of certain song lyrics. What I need though is an awesome political song to kick it off. PM me with your suggestions!

E_S

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    I wish I could have done this, but in reality, I wouldn't be able to put in the time required during this rotation. I'm doing pediatrics at CHOP, which will downregulate my board time until the end of february, but I hope to be back to a more regular presence on the boards by then.

Peace,

V-03

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Would have loved to have you there too, V03.

Can't you quit your job? :D

E_S

7. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Man, I'd love to.... :D...

However, it will get better...

Seriously, after February, I expect to have a much more regular presence on the boards; I've been very absentee lately, but it's totally work related.

Actually, I would love to be in the Focus Group, but I would feel totally bad taking up a spot if I couldn't put in the time....

Peace,

V-03

8. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    You've been added in a distinguished "UN observer" type of position.

Just be careful about getting shot because of your bright blue helmet.

9. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    It doensn't say "UN" on it, does it?

I'm painting it yellow it if does....

:p.

Peace,

V-03

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.