main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Drac39, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Where can I find a Yoda costume for Halloween? Is there a place on the net? That sells them? Would Party City sell it? I want to be Yoda for Halloween.

2. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I have seen Yoda masks on ebay, and a local costume shop in my area rents a Yoda costume. I personally think they look a little cheesey, not cute enough for Yoda, But if you were going to use that, the rest of it shouldn't be too hard to put together.

If you're crafty you could probably make your own...chicken wire, paper mache', paint, laytex. I guess it just depends on what you're going for.
    Ferd :)

3. ChancellorGoauld

ChancellorGoauld Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    unless you're a toddler, midget, or amputee, this'll look silly.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Is`nt being silly what Halloween is about?

5. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    There are ways to get around the hight issue.
    I was brainstorming the other night and I got the idea that any member of the Jedi council could be an alternative for someone in a wheelchair. Just cover up the sides of the wheelchair with cardboard boxes painted grey and use some orange padding. If you dress as yoda, you would cover any legs with cardboard as well.

Another crazy Yoda costume idea: Yoda and Luke on Dagobah. Dress up your upper body as Yoda. Then take a pair of army pants, cut off the legs and then sew them on to a tighter pair of pants - upside-down. Then make fake shoes and feet out of papiér machè (or whatever) and attach to your thighs. You could also fill a balloon with helium and paint it grey.
    To act your character(s), yell "Concentraaaaaate" and fall to the floor.

6. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    C.Goauld-
    If you've seen the Yoda skin for Jedi Outcast at full size, it looks pretty mean. (Full size as opposed to the relistic size of 2ft.)

I think a 6ft Yoda would be pretty durn cool. Especially if it was done to scale. Yep, I'd love to see that!

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    IMHO, the Rubies Yoda costume looks very fake and ugly. :(

But you could get the Mask (& hands?) only and make your own Yoda Garb. If going for Prequel Yoda, I think a thick Cotton or Wool Fabric will do for both/either of the shirt & Outer Robe.

8. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hi there! I am making a Yoda costume for my almost 3 month old nephew. I am trying to make it look as good as possible- but baby friendly too. I am on the prowl for a small green lightsaber to put on his belt. I know that they had pens come out that look like lightsabers in cereal--but does anyone know of what else I might use, mostly there for laughs but recognizable. Thanks! Ferd :)

9. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    The new Rubies Yoda mask looks WAYYYYYY better

10. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ferd... An idea for ya... grab a wood dowl.. Thin. cut it to the size you want and then paint it. I did this for a stuffed animals lightsaber. Depending on how small you go you can even use nail polish it paint it. I used "chrome" for the handle and aqua blue for the blade. Black for the details. And coated the whole thing in Hard as Nails top coat. It looked great. Love to see pics when you get it done... I'm still working on my son's...lol.

11. jedi_night_queen

jedi_night_queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    i was at party city yesterday and yea they sell them

12. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Yeah, I saw it at PartyCity, The robe isnt so great, but I like the mask.

13. sprintfx2

sprintfx2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    could some one post a pic of this yoda mask you speak of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.