main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda fight scenes: Have you ever written or seen one in fan fic before?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JDH3, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    With the release of AOTC on film and the novelization, we finally got to see Yoda the "great warrior." What I am wondering is has anyone ever written or seen a Yoda fight scene in fan fic before? I'm relatively new to fan fic but I've done plenty of reading and I don't remember Yoda ever throwing down before. I just posted my first Yoda fight scene and I'm curious to hear if anyone else has any experience in this area. Ok with that long winded introduction I open the floor to discussion.

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Actually, I can?t say that I?ve ever seen a Yoda fight written into a Fan Fic. Similarly, I?ve hardly written anything involving Yoda. I remember seeing a few stories based around Yoda, but I think most of those were contemplation pieces. I could be wrong, though :).

Am [face_love]

3. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I wrote one, but you'll never be able to find it. It was pretty bad, so it's gone now. ;)

Sorry.

4. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    My fic has one, sort of. It's very short and not detailed and totally someone else's POV. [face_plain]

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I think that Yoda in general is pretty hard to write - that is, if you don't intend it to be a humor fic. But to answer your question, no, I have neither written nor seen a Yoda fighting scene in a fanfic.

6. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    I have to write a Yoda v Maul fight scene in one of my fanfics...and quite frankly I'm dreading it. :D

*cannot write action scenes*

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    It would seem that my assumption about my latest post being a 'treat' was right. From what I can gather there are not many straight up Yoda action scenes out there. I'd be curious to read some of the others, just to see how they compare to mine. I find this interesting as it seems I'm sailing into largely uncharted waters! I'll have to admit I was nervous as could be writing it but once I got going it was kinda fun.:)

BTW: Thanks to all who have responded so far and feel free to check out my Yoda in action. The fic is "What I know" and the link is in my sig.<---Did I mention that I started a thread for "Shameless self promotion" to LOL!

8. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    There's a Yoda fight sequence in mine.......a fight with someone you wouldn't expect......click on the link to my story under my signature (if you realllllllly want to wade through the entire story, it's long, so be warned!)

~Ty

P.S. The work is still in progress, too.

9. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes please check JDH3 story. I love the Yoda part. wow.

10. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    There is also a Yoda fight scene in the well-known Episode III fan fic, "Knightfall" that is very well-done. Yoda vs. Dooku, round II.

Part I of the fight

http://nickgeo.fws1.com/21.htm

Part II of the fight

http://nickgeo.fws1.com/22.htm

I love Yoda's last line after the battle is over. Kind of OOCish for him, but still...very funny, and fitting nonetheless.

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    PatttyB0123: Thanks for the support as always!:)

Tycalibur: Thanks for the links, I'll be sure to check out the fight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.