main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA yoda need a cane??? why!??

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by windus-clone, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windus-clone

windus-clone Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    you saw episode 2 you saw yoda why the heck does he need a cane he fights he kills he rules he also needs a walking cane??? ha!

2. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    Some people can go without a walking stick for a little while but if the pain or injury is long term then of course they would use the cane.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here is the answer I gave on your poll about Yoda and his cane:

First of all, I like seeing Yoda with a cane, I think it adds character. Also, because he uses a cane, we all have underestimated his abilities in battle. What a great surprize it was to see Yoda move like that! I also think since Yoda is 900 years old, that when he isn't using the Force, he needs a cane or a hover chair to help him get around. I think during battle he was relying heavily on the Force. After the battle, when he no longer was relying on the Force, he once again needed to use the cane. Just my thoughts. I haven't read the AOTC novel yet. Perhaps it will shed more light on the issue of whether or not Yoda really needs to use a cane.

4. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yoda's only 876 years old in AOTC. [face_plain]

5. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    I think Yoda used a cane to get the same effect that Emperor Palpatine got out of using his cane...

To make their opponent think that they're dealing with a some old weak lifeform.

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    remember that yoda used his gimer stick on dagobah for a few purposes....

one... beating up on punkass droids who are trying to snatch a glowrod

two... it's good to chew on when you are contemplating...

it may be that yoda uses his cane on the jedi council to make his point... plus it's a good place to rest his hands while he is standing... it might even aid in walking

7. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2002
    With the Force is flowing through him like that, he doesnt need it!

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    why depend on the Force, when a cane will do nicely... that way you can focus using the Force on more important things.. it seems that even jedi masters cannot use the force in multiple ways at the same time. using the force to move objects seems to take a lot of concentration. it would suck to fall over or get a bad ache simply because you were using the force to hold you upright while trying to lift up a large falling pillar. you might not be able to concentrate on both.

9. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    I had this same thought when I saw it the first time I have seen it 3 times and I am very cofedent in what I am about to tell you.
    This makes yoda so much more cooler. ok heres you ansawer

yoda only puts prasher on one foot and one foot only wene he is fighting if you notecs yoda leps because his left foot ( I beleve) is bad so most prasher is only put on the right foot. Go watch is aging and you will notice he only juimps, attakes and flips off one foot not too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.