main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_braid

padawan_braid Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    why didnt they give it to you since they are throwing it away?

2. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005

Same here...Grrr, I get so mad whenever I think about it. I rarely get dreams anyway *sigh*
    Heck, even my friend who is a Pokemon fan, gets Pokemon-related dreams. Not fair! Grrr...

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    wow u too? i mean the rarely get dreams part. same thing here. lol

4. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Dunno. Prob afraid I'll sell it off or something.

... when ur new class room table arrangement (made by u, of course) is that of somet=one being chopped in 1/2 a.k.a. OB1. :p

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ...your friends ask you where your Anakin is, instead of asking you where your boyfriend is - LOL! :p

...your boyfriend accuses you of enjoying fantasies of being a Queen like Amidala was.

...you decide to re-write the entire Star Wars storyline in reality, such that Padme ends up running off with a TIE Fighter Pilot instead - gosh, that is sooo wrong! hahahah! :p

...listening to John Williams's musical scores for the various Star Wars movies can move you - esp 'Across The Stars', 'Luke & Leia', 'Yoda's Theme', 'Han Solo and the Princess', 'Anakin's Theme', 'Duel Of The Fates', 'The Imperial March' and 'Princess Leia's Theme'.

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    haha, where's ur anakin !! haha. i asked u that!!

... when u look at ur broken FX and feel nothing because u rememebr wad yoda said abt 'miss them do not, mourn them do not' thing

...ur favourite line of all time is "i'm sorry master"

7. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Woohoo... I think I might go crazy on this one, not having posted for so long...
    You can recite *all* the dialogue from the trilogy.

You watch the entire trilogy at least once a month.

You wonder why the SW theme never makes it into those "clasical collections."

Any time you pick up a walkie-talkie or two-way radio, the first thing you say is "TK-421, why aren't you at your post?"

Whenever you went anywhere outside with your friends, you always walked single file, to hide your numbers.

You've written several letters to the President recommending that he dissolve the council, put power in the hands of the regional governors, and let fear keep the local systems in line.

In college, after several hours of poker, you got thrown our of the game for suggesting, "How about some sabacc?"

When trying unsuccessfully to snare that last Cheerio floating in your cereal bowl, you remarked, "the Force is strong with this one."

On Halloween, you would never dress as: Luke, Han Solo, Leia, Vader, Chewie, Threepio, Artoo

However, you would dress as: Wedge, Porkins, Crix Madine, that spider droid from Jabba's palace that fat dancer from Jabba's palace, Sy Snootles, the Cantina bartender. The monster in the trash compactor, Boba Fett, An Imperial probe droid

You've been pulled over by a policeman, and when asked to see your driver's license you replied, "You don't need to see my identification."

And when he asks about your two friends in the back "They're for sale, if you want them."

You have physically threatened anyone who referred to "Hans Solo" or "Dark Vader", confused Star Wars with Star Trek, or spellied Wookiee with only one "e."

You have held up an onion ring and said, "Look sir...droids!"

You've referred to Wedge Antilles or Boba Fett as "The Man."

You've bought a white Isuzu Trooper, strictly because of the name.

While sitting on the couch with your girlfriend, she comments about being cold. So, naturally, you slice open the side of the cushion and stuff her in.

You insist on spelling Pizza Hut "Pizza Hutt."

You dropped your religion and now live the way Yoda taught you.

You recorded all the new Star Wars comercials.

You frequently experience insomnia and, to counter this, begin counting nerfs.

You answer the phone "Die wanna wanga?"

Whenever you buy a new appliance, you make sure to get one that speaks Bacchi.

You call your aunt and uncle Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen.

Whenever you catch sight of cars behind yours, you say "Fighters, coming in, point three five."

Someone else in your car says "What about that tower?"

You respond, "You worry about those fighters, I'll worry about the tower", and moments later your car slams into the water tower the passenger was referring to.

When a cop catches you speeding, you floor it, saying "I've outrun Imperial starships, and not the local bulk cruisers..."

When someone apologizes to you, you choke him and tell him that you accept his apology.

You ride your motorbike through the forest at top speed, and survive after throwing yourself off just before it hits a tree.

You've 'wielded' a flashlight and made humming sounds.

You wave your hand purposefully and 'use the force' to open and close automatic doors or elevator doors.

You go over to a friends, go to his refrigerator, and crawl in throwing food and stuff over your shoulder and grunting.

You walk into an optometrist's office and shout: You will PAY for your lack of vision!

You have a Yoda figurine replacing the brand symbol on the hood of your car.

When accelerating your car to enter the freeway, you tell your passengers to strap in and prepare for light speed.

Your significant other dumps you because everytime she/he says, "I love you" you always respond, "I know."

You quote Yoda to defend your political beliefs.

You have so many SW Trilogy GIF's, JPG's, MIDI's, AVI's, WAV's, MPG's, icons and text files that you're rapidly running out of disk space and have to buy a bigger hard drive just to hold them all.

You have so many SW

8. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Haaha, good one!

...you had a great big fight with your sister. And kept on shouting at her face, while she calmly talks to you and you use your last ounce of strength to say,
    " I AM SO SICK OF YOUR LECTURES!!!!!!"
    then everyone was silent for a while and then suddenly you(and your sister) started laughing out loud, through your tears, uncontrolably...

9. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ...the words "Not anymore" have new meaning for you everytime you hear it now - LOL! :p

Talk about a memorable line, kudos to Crovus!

10. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    JediJean, HAHAHAHA.... *recites*
    "What if, there lives a Sith Lord, uninterested in this eternal struggle. NOT ANYMORE..." Wait did I get that right? Haha actually right ofter CosFest the line that was stuck in my head was actually "No Jedi will ever match you in combat, courage, or skill..." Lol no idea why... heh

11. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    When I feel something bad is going to happen, I say "I sense a disturbance in the Force."

12. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Star Wars even when you're quarelling! That's amazing. [face_laugh]

13. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahahahahahahah *takes a bow while blushing* thank you thank you. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the script so much. *beams*
    Once all this events starts to clear up, I'll start work in the FanFilm script. I've got some ideas on how to expand the story even futher already. =p Hopefully it'll be just as good, if not better. =)

A Happy Jedi

14. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    When someone says to you, "I love you", you reply, "I know".

When someone walks up to you to say something nice, you say, "E Chu Ta!".

If your favorite actress is either Natalie Portman or Carrie Fisher.

If your ultimate fantasy involves your girlfriend in Slave Leia outfit.

If you subcribed to the Official site's online hyperspace fanclub, and visited it every weekday for new updates back during production of ROTS, when pictures were rare, you drool at each new Before-The-Helmet picture even though it was a picture of Senator Fang Zar and when they finally debuted the first ever pic of Padme on BTH, you screamed out loud, "Yes! Yes! This is why I subcribed!!!!"

If you have ever submitted a Star Wars question to Pablo Hidalgo for answering.

If you buy every issue of Star Wars Insider that comes out.

If you write your own dialogue for Artoo and Chewbacca in order to better understand them as characters.

If you have ever played any of the lightsaber duels on you DVD player frame-by-frame.

If your favorite director is George Lucas.

If you have violent thoughts towards fellow fans who are PT bashers.

If you hate the first Spider-Man movie for overgrossing AOTC.

15. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ...you cuddle your Interactive Yoda to sleep at night - LOL! :p

...you are obsessive about how screen-accurate your Star Wars costumes are.

...you write your name in Aurabesh on your arm.

...you visit this forum and post a reply in it everyday.

16. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    xeno_kenobi: Star Wars main theme does make it into the classical collections.... it made it into the yearly Classical Album before I think.... 2000 or 2002's.

17. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    As soon as you heard about there being "a new bad buy" in ROTS, you laid in bed awake at night wondering what he or she looks like.

The audio CD you play the most is a Star Wars soundtrack.

The movie disc you've seen the most number of times is a Star Wars movie.

If you feel that you would never run out of things to talk about Star Wars.

Your main inspiration for not being fearful in life is that "fear is the path to the dark side, fear... leads..."

When you have to write out the word "midichorians" (in say a science subject paper), you write out "mitichorians" instead.

If you shaved your head bald so that you could dress as Maul.

If you have ever written a fan mail to George Lucas. (Those you here who have not done it should, cause even it Lucas himself doesn't reply, LFL will likely reply, with a letter stating that Lucas is too busy to personally reply to fanmail.)

When someone says that you're going to lose to him/her, you reply, "Sceya dopot, sleemo!"

18. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Star Wars even when you're quarelling! That's amazing.

[face_blush] *blushing* Yeah, we do fight, we're siblings, what do you expect?
    (omg ani, how could you post this?!?)

-You sound like Obi-Wan when you fight-err, reason with your sister.
    -You are trying to convice your mom to let you grow long hair for your padawan braid.

19. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Yeah... my mum won't let me have a longer part of hair for a braid.. though I have long hair generally.

20. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Padawan princess, darshaassant: Aww... Hmm your hair right now may be a bit too short (padawan_princess), but if it grew a longer, you can actually just braid it yourself and let it be hidden inside your hair... It doesn't actually have to be longer than the rest of your hair. It can be the same length, then only obvious when you tie your hair up. Mine's that way... Lol my mom doesn't know what it's for, and doesn't really care as well. She thinks I'm trying to start a new fashion trend! Haha but when I go to trim my hair or something, I just tell the hairdresser to not cut the braid... :p

21. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    When someone whom you own money to confronts you, you say out these exact words (including referring to that person as Jabba), "Hey, Jabba. Look, Jabba, I was just on my way to pay you back, but I got a little sidetracked. It's not my fault."

When someone uses the term "rancor" or "reek", you think that person is referring to the monsters in the Star Wars movies.

When you get in the car with other people and you're driving, right before they put on their safety belts, you say "Go strap yourselves in. I'm going to make the jump to lightspeed."

After you had your very first kiss in your life, you worry about whether or not that person could in fact be your long-lost sibling.

When someone boasts to you how good s/he is at playing video/ computer games, you say, "Look, good against the remote is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else."

When driving and you run over something on the road and you're not sure what it is, you say, "I think I ran over a wookiee back there."

When watching TV becomes too boring, you pretend that your remote-control is a lightsaber, start swinging it around and making the effects sounds.

When you're winning at something and you feeling very good, you shout out, "Now this is podracing!"

22. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    If you don't believe in luck because of what Obi-Wan said. "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

When someone asks about the odds of something, you always use the odds of "three thousand, seven hundred and twenty to one"

If you delayed buying a DVD player because you thought Star Wars DVDs were coming out earliest 2005 as was orginally intended by LFL; and bought a DVD player only after the official annoucement that TPM was coming to DVD.

When someone farts, you say, "What an incredible smell you've produced."

If you did free advertising for Hyperspace to convince other fans who were not keen to subscribe.

When someone asks how many languages you can speak, you say, "I am fluent in over six million forms of communications...", which of course is not true.

23. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    its supposed to be "what an incredible smell you've discovered"

24. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Of course, I know that. When you fart, you produce it, you don't discover it. "What an incredible smell you've produced" is similar enough to "What an incredible smell you've discovered", (with just a word for word change), for it to be a SW reference/quote only a SW fan could whip out.

25. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    If you wish there were karaoke versions of Duel of the Fates and Jedi Rocks for you to sing along to... and also Battle of the Heroes, for you to hum "ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah" to.

If you discovered that you had only hours left to live, you spend them watching Star Wars movies.

If you always refer to guns as blasters, midgets as ewoks or jawas, tall people as wookiees.

When your partner finds out that you have been cheating on him/her and wants you to admit it, you say, "Unexpected this is, and unfortunate."

When you have children and you are trying to teach them the difference between good and evil, you use the terms "light side" and "dark side" and you tell them stuff like, "If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will."

When you are caught lying, you defend yourself by saying, "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.