main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KenKenobi, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: yeah thats what i think as well. although...it would sure be nice to have someone post (hint, hint ;) )

2. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Yeah, definitely. So, I shall post. And it'll be a good one.

------------------------------------------

Forest Canopy Above Yuuzhan'tar

I witnessed al'Yammka climb a tree...a 100-meter high tree, much higher than the one I was on. I wondered what his purpose could possibly be...until I looked over the valley that the tree stood on the edge of. Below, thousands of lambent crystals were being tended to by a bunch of Shamed Ones. And al'Yammka had no particular liking for Shamed Ones. I could not let him hurt them...

Kyle, if you're gonna do something, do it now!

No response from Kyle or any of the other Jedi that were in orbit. I was on my own. Perhaps that was as it was meant to be. Luke, Kyp, Mara, Jacen, and the few other Jedi in orbit...they all had their merits, but few of them could understand. Still fewer could care. I was alone. I felt the darkness closing in around my heart...the only thing I could do to drive it back was to join my venerable companion, Vua, in screaming.

"Warmaster al'Yammka! Servant of the Gods!"

That got his attention as I hopped to his tree.

"I can't let you do this!!!!"

Truth be told, I had no idea what his intentions were. But I would not let him lay a hand on a single Shamed One. My convictions stood firm as I rose to my feet on top of a huge branch and began scaling the tree.

TAG: jhc

3. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    IC: Dread Lord al'Yammka

Jungle Canopy, Yuuzhan'tar

*Crouching low, the Dread Lord surveyed the shamed incampment. Ahhhh... I shall feast on the dead tonight.*

"Warmaster al'Yammka! Servant of the Gods!"

*The cry caught him briefly unaware, but that was soon smoldered under his stalward countenance. He turned and saw...the shaped infidel! Even looking upon this dreadful creature angered him. He jumped from a lower tree he had been observing from and clambered up the tree he was now standing upon.*

*He stood waiting, he knew what this creature was here to do...it was here to stop him. Stop him from killing every inhabitant of the shamed ones.*

*And he came, the dreadful creature came up the tree, up to his limb, and walked slowly towards the Dread Lord*

"Tchur-ok taki' nok vasck?!"

~He roared the question at the infidel. He wanted to know whether he wanted to live or if he wanted to die. The towering Yuuzhan Vong with his implanted right limb stood almost 3 meteres. His glorified body bore an ominous presence under the moonlight~

TAG: alpha

4. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003

The former Dread Lord landed on a branch two away from mine and rose to his full height. Outwardly, I remained stoic, but inwardly, I shuddered a little bit. Here I was, 6'2", not even as tall as Kyle or Luke, who'd somehow had a massive growth spurt when my father had come back to life. And there he was, the former Supreme Overlord of the entire Yuuzhan Vong race.

And I'd thought he looked impressive strapped to a table.

Standing almost nine feet tall, he was a humbling sight. He towered over me--I could feel the rage, the raw power, inside him. If I hadn't known better, I would've sworn he was Darth Sidious himself--the living, breathing, reincarnation of the father that I could never be, simply because I did not want to be like him. I was a child, in that respect--still caring about morals which many said were for children and fools. But as I looked at the giant Yuuzhan Vong in front of me and felt his malice, I knew that what he wished to do was completely, utterly wrong.

Vua echoed my sentiments...there was no turning back now. I felt him lend me his support--not peaceful, or benevolent by any means, but rather a fire that I desperately needed in this moment.

I listened to his angered question, and could tell he wasn't happy to see me...and he thought he could crush me like a bug. True, he was physically stronger than I by several orders of magnitude--but the unifying Force cared little for physics, and even less for doubt.

I looked the giant dead in the eye with a fire I had scarcely known, and spoke both out loud and into his mind in Yuuzhan Vong:

"You don't scare me, Dread Lord. You will not harm these beings."

Even with my heightened sensitivity to the Yuuzhan Vong's part of the Force, I could not trick the Dread Lord into stopping. His will was too powerful, his mind was too strong. But the intent was still there, and it was quite clear.

Kyle had once turned to the dark side, and attempted to turn Mara the same way. According to their tale, he had given her a choice--cross an illusionary bridge and join him in restoring the Sith, or "maintain your pitiful faith in the Force and step into oblivion and death." Mara had chosen the latter--and saved him in so doing. I had a choice here--I could keep my faith in the Force, or I could die as ignominiously as my father.

There was nothing left but to choose, and act.

5. Yalmak-Scur

Yalmak-Scur Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2003
    IC: Valen Ssurd

The construction of Freedom station was coming along well. The outer defensive perimeter wall was completed. His crews were working around the clock. The new station would be finished well ahead of schedule. It was time for Valen to find people to inhabit the installation. It shouldn?t be hard with the almost limitless numbers of refugees. Valen searched the compound until he found Artimis.

Valen Artimis I?m leaving you are in charge until I return. Keep a sharp eye out the Vong have to know were here by now. It would be just like the cowardly Nom Anor to attack a civilian installation.

As the Lost Traveler lifted off 30 of the freighters prepared to do the same.

ICYalmak

Yalmak loped through the jungle his health steadily improving. The agony of the deaths on this world were quieter but still there. Always there. Gnawing at him. It was a constant hum in a dark corner of his mind. Yalmak stopped himself as he realized that he was focusing on the pain. It quickly returned to just a light white noise in his mind.

Back to the objective at hand. He thought. I need to find this strong hold but I?m not quite sure why. It doesn?t matter. I will soon be there and all the questions will be answered.

6. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    IC: Dread Lord al'Yammka

*The infidel was approaching him. He let out a low, rumbling snarl...eager to get on with this and take glory in killing every last one of the shamed ones.*

*But, this is not what he wanted to deal with, no. He was not up to his full strenght yet. His implanted limb was enough to crush infidel armour and steel...but the rest of his body was not ready. No, not yet.*

*The limb was over 100 meteres off the jungle floor, an almost sure death for most if one would lose their balance. The Dread Lord lifted one of this gloriously scarred legs...high in the air he held the pose for a noticeable second. In the blink of an eye the leg came crashing down...splintering the massive limb. The limb shook violently. After the splinters had fallen, and the carbon dust had started to settle, the shaped infidel looked to where the Dread Lord once stood. It was now empty...dead space, the end of the limb had shattered cleanly.*

*In the time it took the carbon dust to settle, the Dread Lord had already fallen 75 meteres landing smoothly on the lower limb, jumped to the floor, and was at full sprint towards the camp. In a matter of a few more seconds he would be at the camp, and just a few more he would be sacrificing them to honour Yun-Yuuzhan. He could almost taste their blood now...*

TAG: alpha

7. Nev_Dron

Nev_Dron Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2003
    ooc: i would make a post, but i'm waiting for kk to post....it's been a while since you posted kk. ;)

8. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    OOC: Where is Rampani?
    Seeing as I have to wait on Ker, is it okay if I make another character?

9. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: yeah thats fine. just post the bio. ;)

10. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    OOC: Sorry, B_H_B. 've been sick.

Admiral Sien Sovv

"No, you do not need to join a new sqaudron Ker. But I'll get to that in a minute. First tell me what exactly happened."

TAG: Bounty_Hunter_Boba

11. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    OOC: OK, guys, here's the short bio and first post. *crosses fingers*

Name: Vek Jasro
    Species: Human
    Affiliation: Galactic Empire
    Division: Army(?) [Stormtrooper]

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    IC: Vek Jasro

Perimeter of Imperial Supply Center, Yuuzhan'tar Surface

"This is Hawkbat 1 to Supply Command, do you copy?" Vek continued to query his command as he and his dwindling troops dodged razor bugs and sought cover.

There was seemingly no end to the line of Yuuzhan Vong converging on the Imperial Supply Center. Vek Jasro's squad of troops were sorely outnumbered. And stranded. Whoever ("or 'whatever' if a damn yammosk is involved," Vek thought derisively) planned the Vong offensive had effectively cut his squad off from the main supply bunker.

"Hawkbat 1 to Supply, do you read?" Exasperation made Vek's last words hoarse and guttural. He swore as he switched frequencies, opening his comlink to the 5 remaining men of his team.

"I can't raise anyone in the bunker. Our last scan of the perimeter showed the extraction team entering the compound."

Vek motioned for his crew to pull further back, out of projectile range. The air was pungent with burning vegetation. Underlying the stench was the unmistakeable smell of charred flesh.

"We cannot hold this position. The Vong have cut us off. We're going to make our move for the jungle. Rolling gear only. Move. Now."

What remained of Hawkbat Squad disappeared into the verdant undergrowth of Yuuzhan'tar.

TAG: Nev and/or KK

12. Yalmak-Scur

Yalmak-Scur Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2003
    OOC
    KK Man its been 9 days since you had an in character post. Your holding up Nev and Mort. You've been tagged at least twice. You really need to post something soon or we will have to post that damage assessment for you. Come on your suppose to be one of the GM's. Just give us something short so the other players can move on.

13. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Oct 10, 2003
    "Well," Ker started, " I was taking my squad thourh the usual patrol. There wasn't any other starships around exept us, which was really strange. Jexx reported something, and then he blew up. Several ships, which I believe are Yuuzhan Vong ships, started blasting apart the squad. We split up and tried to take some of the smaller ones down, but they got us first. After the last pilot was destroyed, I jumped into hyperspace."

Tag: Rampani

OOC: I'm going to get another character...

Name: Admiral Rek Serah
    Species: Kiffar (near human)
    Affiliation: Empire
    Division: Navy
    Physical Appearance: Green eyes, brown hair, yellow streak across cheeks
    Bio: Rek is one of the very few non-humans serving the Empire. Against the usual tradition of human-only officers was broken eventually broken by Vader's drafting of Grand Admiral Thrawn and Rek. Rek worked his way up the ladder and quickly became Admiral. He fought in the Battle of Endor, and somehow made it out alive. Rek stayed faithful to the Empire even after the Emperor's and Vader's death. He now is commander of a black-hulled Star Destroyer, ready to obliterate the Yuuzhan Vong, and then the Galactic Alliance.

Bounty_Hunter_Boba :cool:

14. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    IC as A-404:

Yuuzhan'tar surface, Imperial Base

• A-404 and his infiltration force lead Colonel Dratsum and the other five personel out of the bunker. They leave the base and meet up with the rest of the troops and the three AT-PTs who continue to lay down surpressing fire upon any approaching Yuuzhan Vong forces.

• A-404 orders the troops back to the Landing Craft. The troops destroy any obstacles in their way.

• Once they reach the Landing Craft, A-404 gets the six personel anboard and starte loading the troops. the AT-PTs provide cover.

• A-404 activates his comlink and says: "Adrmiral Nev Dron, this is A-404; Rescue mission acomplished. Preparing to leave the surface now."

TAG: Nev_Dron

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

15. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: hey guys, just thought i'd tell y'all that i'll try to make a small post tonight....but not sure yet. I wont be able to post the 25th and maybe not even the 26th. :) sorry guys. but the Dread Lord will be back by the 27th. [face_devil] D_N good post, glad to have you finally aboard. can't wait to see you try your hand at a Yuuzhan Vong in the future ;) Good character boba. sounds good.

16. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Oct 10, 2003
    OOC: Yeah, I probably won't post on the 25th, but maybe the 26th.

IC Rek Serah:

A Star Destroyer flew through space. There was something different about this one, though. It's hull was black, instead of the conventional grey. It was Rek Serah's Star Destroyer. He was heading to find the Yuuzhan Vong. His right-hand man came up to him.
    "Sir, we have found a planet with a high concentration of what may be Yuuzhan Vong. Do you want to enter the planet, sir?"
    " Yes, I will. Keep the Star Destroyer up here until I give you the command," Rek turned and strode towards the hanger. He climbed into his TIE Advanced X-1, and flew off towards the planet, with a TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, and a TIE Bomber. The four came into the planet.
    " I'm going to land. You three take a look around," Rek commanded over his comlink.
    " Yes, sir."
    Rek slowed his fighter down, and landed in a plain. He got out, pulled out a few blasters, and looked around. Rek didn't see anything of interest. So, he walked into the forest.
    That was the biggest mistake of his life.
    Someone was following him.

TAG: any of the Yuuzhan Vong

Bounty_Hunter_Boba :cool:

17. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Jungles of Yuuzhan'tar

I could wait no longer.

I drew on the Force and executed a flying leap down to the ground...I was hoping I wouldn't have to battle him in the tree's branches.

I landed in front of the Dread Lord. I felt his rage as he stared me down like a beast readying for the kill.

"You're getting to those Shamed Ones over my dead body, Dread Lord...and I assure you that I'm not going down without one hell of a fight."

I ignited both ends of my orange double-bladed lightsaber and assumed the traditional saber-staff fighting stance as I stuck my other hand out in a mocking gesture.

"Just bring it."

18. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Uppity up up!!

19. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: hey all, well i'm back now....i'm getting sick...but i'm back. So, KK whats going on? you coming back to post sometime?? ;) I will have a post from our most feared Dread Lord soon enough. [face_devil]

20. Nev_Dron

Nev_Dron Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2003
    ooc: d_n nice to see you have posted...verrry good. I'll get a post started here soon and try to tie in everyone's new characters. I hope kk will post soon, it has been a while since he last posted. just hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and now i guess we'll get back on track. he he he he he. [face_devil]

21. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    OOC: Basically, Commander Ju Choka just pounded the **** out of the Hybrid, and to have the shields go down to only 98% is akin to having Luke Skyalker attack a nerf with a lightsaber and have only a bit of one ear cut off. :p I cannot respond to that until a correction is made. I will, however, repost my attack. :)

Second, Mort's character has not yet passed my Domain Aq'dar's defenses in the jungle, and thus his rescue mission is not complete yet... [face_mischief]

Third, Rampani, you cannot create an Admiral character without the expressed permission of one of the GM's. Otherwise you have to start out at the bottom of the rank ladder. ;)

Fourth, it's good to see you DN. :D

Fifth, here is my long awaited post. I apologize for my absence- the holidays and all, plus I got caught up in playing Enter the Matrix. :cool: :p

:)

[i]Remains of Imperial Supply Center, Nearing Imperial Headquarters, Yuuzhan'tar Surface[/i]

[ul][b]Yom Yorrik[/b]

Fire blazed on into the afternoon sky, smoke billowing over the tree tops of the jungle that remained around the burnt edges of what was once the Imperial supply center.

[b]Commander Ju Choka[/b] had done his job, obliterating the supply center forces and the supply center itself. Now nothing but jungle stood in the Warmaster's path to the Imperial Headquarters...and the jungle was the Warmaster's ally, like the Force was the ally of the [i]Jeedai[/i].

It was ironic, then, that [b]Nom Anor[/b]'s [i]Jeedai[/i] would be teaming up with the Warmaster's forces for his attack on the Imperial Headquarters. All the better, [b]Yom Yorrik[/b] thought to himself.

And so march on they did, the Warmaster and his remaining forces. A few villip calls later and the whole of the Warmaster's army was soon behind him, done with their extracurricular missions and united together behind [b]Yom Yorrik[/b]. All were ready, prepared to destroy whatever lie in their path, Imperial or Alliance.

Of course the Warmaster sent out a small group of warriors to scout out the area first...confidence was one thing, but ignorance was another.[/ul]

[b]TAG:[/b] Nev (for the Imperial Headquarters' defense)

[color=red][b][u]Current Yuuzhan Vong Forces:[/b][/u]
    --[i]Warmaster Yom Yorrik's Full Army Forces[/i]
    8 fire-breathers
    300 tsk vae
    6,000 warriors
    ~3,000 warriors [amphistaff armed]
    ~2,500 warriors [miniature volcano-cannon armed]
    ~500 warriors [bissop lizardhound armed]

--[i]Slayer Forces[/i]
    4,000 slayer warriors
    1,000 support warriors [amphistaff armed]
    1,000 support warriors [miniature volcano-cannon armed]

[/color][hr]

[i]Above Imperial Supply Center, Yuuzhan'tar Atmosphere[/i]

[ul][b]Commander Ju Choka[/b]

"[i]Commander, enemy capital ship target is moving into battle arena, sir. Orders?[/i]"

[b]Commander Ju Choka[/b] smirked through his cognition hood as he led his squad above the tallest trees of the jungle below, his coralskipper's senses also picking up the presence of the large Imperial ship.

"Follow..." he said brusquely, whipping his living craft into a 180 degree spin, his team following perfectly in sync. They began accelerating back towards the supply center, full speed towards the wedge-shaped Imperial vessel designated as a "Star Destroyer"...

"First 8 coralskippers, your job is to keep any enemy aircraft away from both the battlefield below and the others in our squad. Second 8 coralskippers, take out as many guns on the infidel ship as you can find. Third 8 coralskippers, decimate any landing craft that may be deployed."

They were getting dangerously closer, the unliving enemy ship almost in range to fire upon them with its laser guns...

"Artillery group, blast as many holes as you can in that ship's hull. First 6 bombers, split evenly to destroy the bulbous shield generators. Next 6 bombers, you're with me...Go!"

Suddenly [b]Ju Choka[/b]'s group split up, each fighter with its own subsectioned assignment, all working together to take down the enemy vessel.

22. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I think jhc OKed it.

I'll have a post as soon as he does.

23. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    OOC: KK, I got permission from you already. But that's okay, because I must unfortunatly drop this thread from those I'm currently involved in because I will not be able to be online as ofetn as I was. Since the GA was not really involved, I'm assuming my leaving will not affect the story much, if any.

24. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    S'ok. Sorry to see you go.

25. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: sorry to see you go ramp, come back when you get the chance.

a_r: i'll get a post up today...i'm fighting off some form of alpha red it seems ;) (no pun intended :p )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.