main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge WIPtober! (Finish WIPs, Win Prizes!)—Sign Up Now through Sept. 30!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Sep 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Okay… October is going to be a really busy month for fanfic and fan art events plus the fact that I’m generally struggling with writing, so I’m trying not to get too carried away with goals :p
    • Medium goal: finish one chapter of Wolf Brother
    • Medium goal: finish the last chapter of Do Not Disturb
    • Medium goal: finish Wren/Kaz one-shot for Louis Armstrong challenge
    • Small goal: write 100 words on untitled Ezra story

2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Quoting because I totally 100% agree and I can't say it any better than this! Yay for @Findswoman! :D

This summer has not been kind but I really want to try and get back into writing, so I'm just going to throw some goals out there and hope something works out.

Reviews: 10

Small Goals:

- 100 words on Louis Armstrong Mini-Games response
    - 100 words on untitled "blanket" fic
    - 300 words on untitled "aro/ace" fic
    - 300 words on I'll Stand By You Always
    - 500 words on Lovin' You

Medium Goals:

- Finish a chapter of A Sleigh Ride Together With You
    - Finish a chapter of Devil's Arcade (tentative title)
    - Finish a chapter of untitled "vacation/honeymoon" fic
    - Finish a chapter of untitled "coffeehouse" fic
    - 1000 words on Brothers Under The Bridges (tentative title)

Large Goals:

- Finish multiple untitled oneshots (Mini-Games Haiku challenge; Poetic Nature roulette; various other prompts & random WIPs)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    @Findswoman
    Could you change my last Large goal from "Finish multiple one-shots for mini games challenges (Latin and Romanticism)" to "Finish multiple untitled one-shots"?

I would also like to add another Medium goal: Finish vignette for Haiku mini challenge.

Thank you so much!

Just a few more days. :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Got them in, thanks so much! So glad as always that you’ll be in on this again. And hey, nothing wrong with shooting for the stars! :)

Well, thank you so much! It’s always so much fun to run this challenge and see all the great work that comes out of it—and for me that goes even during months when I don’t end up getting much done! And especially to have such wonderful folks from this communion board—that’s really the best part! :cool:

Got it all in, and sounds good to me—the summer has been hard on me too in terms of writing, so right with you there!

Done and done, thanks so much and looking forward! Yes, just a few more days indeed—and I know I am feeling quite a combination of “eep!” and “*cracks knuckles*” about it! :D

So, the index should be fully updated now—as always, please let me know if I’ve missed anything! Thank you all, and really looking forward to this! :)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    All right, look what the OTP thread made me do:

May I add Finish untitled OTP Our Song + Plot Point Challenge vignette as another medium goal? [face_mischief] Thank-you! [:D]

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Excellent! Got these in the index. Great to have you in the writing portion, too! :)

Wonderful, got it in! I figured people might want to add some goals based on that, which is why I posted it when I did. :D

Just two more days before we get this ball rolling, everyone! So excited! :D

8. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I'd like to commit as a Reviewer for 5 stories.

I don't have any fanfic WIPs at this time, so I can't put in any official goals, but in solidarity I'll mention trying to put at least 10,000 words into my ongoing original novel in October.

9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great, got you in the list as a reviewer! And good luck on your original novel this coming month! :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Well, it's a good thing I thought to check if something like this was happening, on 30 September at 1:30 a.m. during a bout of insomnia...

Sign me up!

Medium goal: finish an untitled one-shot I have in the works for the OC challenge.

Large goals:
    5000 words for The Tale of Noora and Seyf
    5000 words for The Kyberkerk of Jedha
    5000 words for Outsiders

(I'll come back here and edit in links in the morning. I'm posting from mobile right now and I don’t want to get up and turn on the laptop, because if I do I'll never sleep at all!)

I still owe everyone a gazillion reviews for their Summer Olympics stories, so I'll sign up for only 5 reviews for this challenge.

Thanks for hosting this challenge again @Findswoman !

11. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Better make it 5 reviews for me, as well. :p

Edit: Just saw the OC challenge deadline is Oct. 31st, so I'll do another medium goal of "Finish vignette for OC challenge"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Here are my goals

Small Goals

500: Snips and Snails and Bantha Tails

Medium Goals
    1000: Write 1000 words on a given WIP. - How it Ends - (unpublished)
    2000: Write 2000 words on a given WIP. - The Senator and the Knight (Mills and Boon fic - unpublished)

Large Goals
    Finish Multiple One-Shots: Finish three of my outstanding challenges - OC Challenge, OTP challenge and Haiku Challenge/Dead Poet's Society Challenge

13. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I’m going to sneak another goal in under the wire:
    Medium Goal: Finish the last chapter of Beginnings

14. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Could I also add a couple more goals, please? I figure the more I have the more statistically likely it is I'll get one thing done at least. :p

Small Goals:
    - 100 words on untitled "5 things" fic
    - 100 words on untitled "Mando" fic

Medium Goals:

- Finish one-shot for OTP Challenge #22

Thanks so much! :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  15. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Here to sign up just before the last minute, when the Great Pumpkin rides upon the night winds...

Small Goals:
    200 words on "Something is shining like gold, but better"
    200 words on "The Wrong Side of History"
    500 words on "Water Flowing Underground"

Medium Goals:
    1000 words on "The Winter Queen"

And finally, five reviews.

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  17. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Nothing like waiting until the (almost) last minute. It's like being a journalist again.... :eek:

Writing
    Medium goal: Finish one-shot Huntress for the Haiku Challenge.

Reviewing:
    Five stories from this WIP thread (I'm planning to do some reviewing on several authors' finished pieces as well. It's going to be a busy month!)

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, you caught me just in time! :D Got it in, and so glad to have you on board!

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    With a rainy day here I could do some writing.
    For the Star Wars wildlife watch challenge by @Seldes_Katne have I posted the first part of the first chapter of icky stuff and creatures The small goal of writing 500 words is done

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    That’s great, Earlybird, way to go! Wonderful to see goals being achieved, even at this early stage! I’ve got checked off in the index. :)

21. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    So I am halfway toward completing my large goal of finishing multiple oneshots by posting my first one shot for WIPtober:

The Garden was Beautiful

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, great job, you all! Very nice work being done! Got it all in the index now. Keep up the fab work! :cool:

As for me, I'm working on that Lasan Series one-shot that's at the top of my "medium goals" list, and I'm hoping I can wrap it up by the end of this week. Will depend on many things, however, so please wish me luck! :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006