main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2023 Autumn Bingo Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Jul 27, 2023.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Autumn Bingo:

The cycle of seasons has spun around to autumn again. It is the time for flannel and campfires. The season for hiking, hayrides, and visits to haunted houses. Which means it is also time to play another round of Autumn Bingo.

[​IMG]

How to play Autumn Bingo?

1. Choose a row, column, or diagonal with five autumn words from the Bingo Board below.
    2. Write a story of at least 500 words for either the Star Wars or Non-Star Wars fandoms inspired by or featuring the words from your chosen row, column, or diagonal.
    3. Post your story in the appropriate Star Wars or Non-Star Wars fanfiction board.
    4. Post a link to your story in this thread so others can read it.
    5. Finish one or more such stories, and you'll be a Bingo Winner.
    6. Finish five or more such stories, and you'll be upgraded to an Ultimate Bingo Champion.
    7. Also as a new addition inspired by the wonderful @Chyntuck include all the board prompts in a single story of at least 2500 words, and you’ll be further upgraded to All Around The Board Bingo Champion!

Autumn Bingo Board:

[​IMG]

Autumn Bingo Rules and Guidelines:

1. All stories written for the Autumn Bingo event must comply with the overall fanfiction rules and guidelines for this site, but all you awesome people knew that already.
    2. All stories written for the Autumn Bingo event should have at least 500 words.
    3. All stories written for the Autumn Bingo event should be inspired by a row, column, or diagonal from the Autumn Bingo Board.

Autumn Bingo Dates:

Autumn Bingo Begins: September 15th, 2023
    Autumn Bingo Ends: October 15th, 2023

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    This probably isn't smart with WIP month in full swing, but I'm in. I love the Bingo challenges. :D

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I forgot to say this when you posted the thread @devilinthedetails, but I'll also definitely be writing something for this challenge!

Can you please clarify for me if there is a particular meaning attached to the words "dapple", "gobble" and "luminaries" in relation to autumn? (This is an honest question; I found out looking at the board above about hayrides and corn mazes, which I had no idea about.)

5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Yay, happy to have you aboard for the Autumn Bingo Challenge[face_party] And I can't wait to see what you will come up with!

@Chyntuck So glad to have you participating as well[face_dancing]

As far as particular meanings, I was thinking of the way sunlight can dapple through multi-colored leaves in autumn in a way I find quite beautiful and poetic, with "gobble" I was thinking of the sound that turkeys are often said to make (turkeys often get eaten at Thanksgiving in the US), and with luminaries, I sometimes see them put out on Halloween or the night before Halloween. So those are their connections with autumn for me, but people are always welcome to come up with their own meanings, connections, and uses as well:D

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Can this be a chapter of a story or a story separate?

7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @DarthIshtar For "official" entries that count toward being a Bingo Winner, an Ultimate Bingo Champion, or All Around the Board Bingo Champion, I would like the story to be separate and independent.

However, I would also be willing to index ad hoc, unofficial entries that were chapters of other stories:)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
  8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I’ll come up with something separate.

9. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Ladies and gentlemen of the Fanfic community, it is my pleasure to announce that the Autumn Bingo Challenge is now underway and will remain so until October 15th! [face_dancing]

Please feel free to start posting your stories and adding links to them here as you complete them!

10. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  11. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
  12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Congratulations on completing a story for Autumn Bingo[face_party]

I've added it to the index now!

And I must say that I'm thrilled that someone used the row with Cranberry and Caramel in it since it includes two of my favorite fall flavors!

13. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Mine too!!:D

14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    My entry for this challenge is up: Life Day, featuring a bunch of Wookiee OCs and using the entire board.

Thanks as always for hosting this challenge @devilinthedetails! It's been a true lifesaver for me, giving at last a bit of structure to a story that's been in the works for 8 years.

15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Chyntuck Well done to you using the entire board in your story and becoming our first All Around the Board Bingo Champion=D=

Congratulations as well on completing a story that had been in the works for eight years, and I'm simply ecstatic that this challenge could serve as a final bit of structure and inspiration for finishing that fic[:D]

And the index has of course been updated to reflect your magnificent achievement!

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  17. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Fantastic!=D=

I've added your story to the index as an All Around the Bingo Board Champion!

And, as a general reminder to everyone, there are ten days remaining to submit entries for the Autumn Bingo Challenge[face_pumpkin]

18. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
  19. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    A hearty congratulations to you on finishing your second Autumn Bingo story=D=

I've got it added to our index now!

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, the third story is up. I doubt I'll get the rest of this story posted as part of this challenge. Too little time left and too much story left to tell, but we'll see.

Rise of the Rebellion: Realizations

21. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    It is now time for me to announce the official end of the Autumn Bingo Challenge! [face_pumpkin]

I want to give my biggest congratulations to all who completed stories for this challenge=D=

I would also like to extend my deepest thanks to all who participated in this event as authors, readers, and reviewers, because your involvement and enthusiasm made this challenge such fun to host again this year[:D]

I would also like to mention that although the Autumn Bingo Challenge is officially over, if you do write any more stories inspired by this bingo board, feel free to link them in this thread, and I will be happy to add them to the index as unofficial entries!

@JediMaster_Jen Kudos to you for finishing three stories during this Autumn Bingo Challenge! I am super impressed by your creativity and productivity and have added your latest entry to the index:D