main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A red disaster? OTP challenge 25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jun 3, 2022.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A red disaster? OTP challenge 25
    I got 16: Milestones and have a story about the first argument between Tarko and Kaia
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 41 ABY
    Character: Tarko Sanek and Kaia Sanek
    Genre: OTP challenge; milestones
    Summary: Tarko and Kaia never had an argument before but Tarko coming home with a red racing groundspeeder starts the first argument

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

A red disaster?

“You bought this from Parls?” Kaia Sanek came into the garage. She had heard the roar of the engine and didn't like it at all. Too much noise and racing? She had seen enough accidents happening with racing. And for going to work in the hospital? Tarko had always walked or joined his brother Rihan in his groundspeeder, a new one too since the old one couldn't be repaired anymore. But that one was a four-seat and had a roof that could be closed. She observed the groundspeeder for a moment. It was red, had two seats and a big hood that housed the engine.

“You like it?” Tarko was putting a box with spare parts on the bench. “This came with it and...”

“Spare parts? You bought a wreck?”

“No, no uh no. I tested it during a long ride towards Rondor and back with Mikel Parls boasting about it what it had done. The speeder has been winning the races in Rondor and Monir with his brother as the driver. And being in the racing circuit, they had to have spare parts.”

“Racing? You want to go racing to your work?”

“Uh no. Walking or running is enough but when there is an emergency or we want to visit my parents?”

“You want to use this disaster on wheels. You have seen enough patients after accidents with speeders. And now you want to drive this?”

“I uh, I have Jedi-skills and when I came back from my training to become a special ops soldier I met Anakin Skywalker and he...”

“Loved racing. I have heard your stories about him and what he became. He was the one who scared the living daylights out of his master driving an open air-speeder like a mad man in pursuit of an assassin to name just one incident.”

“That one was a yellow beauty and he was the only one to get a yellow Eta-actis interceptor. His Delta 7 Aethersprite was red and white and I had the same. The groundspeeder was...”

”A red one just like all those red things you loved to tinker with. And now this.” She approached the speeder and patted the red hood. “The engine is red too I suppose?”

“Uh it is.” Tarko opened the hood. “Just like that red and white engine of a transport I repaired after Spanners...”

“Met with disaster and refused to walk until Jedimaster Qui-Gon Jinn and his padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi helped him. Yes I know that story too.”

Tarko sighed. He never had an argument with his beloved wife. Seeing her for the first time at a lecture in Rondor had led to forming a bond, followed by a nice bachelor party and a marriage. His twin brother Rihan had married Jasyna, the twin sister of Kaia.

Kaia peeked for one moment into the opened hood and turned away when she heard the footsteps. “And there is another speed-loving husband.”

“Who heard the roar of an engine.” Rihan walked to the groundspeeder with a smile on his face until he saw the engine. Shaking his head he grumbled “look at that Tarko. The engine is painted red to hide the rust and imperfections.”

“But but I have spare parts and it did perform perfectly during our ride to Rondor.” Tarko shrugged with his shoulders. “Parls showed me what it has done and don't you love the design and the beautiful colours?”

“I do brother but." Rihan started. "Ah what. We will see if we can drive her to ...”

Kaia asked “you want to join him?”

“Uh yes,” Rihan turned to his brother. “I like to see if it is a disaster on wheels or not.”

“Tomorrow to our work?” Tarko closed the hood and walked with his brother to the exit.

“Men and love for speed.” Kaia shook her head. “This thing is a red disaster.”

FIN

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D=
    I can understand Kaia's concerns but I do love a red FAST car.

[face_laugh] [face_shhh]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  3. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Now I want to know if it really will run well or not! :D

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    And [face_mischief] if Kaia will enjoy the ride despite herself. [face_tee_hee]

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, this was fun! Kaia makes good points but of course Tarko can't resist a fast red speeder! :D I like Rihan showing up and agreeing to drive it with him. That's what siblings are for. [face_laugh]

Great work! =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Just like most of the Jedi. Anakin notably. His love for fast things had me writing this piece. And of course inspired by my brother and his love for the F1
    It does not as can be seen in From padawan to doctor
    Siblings coming together after great adventures

Thanks all for your kind replies

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Zoom zoom! [face_laugh] There's something about pretty deathtrap vehicles that some can't stay away from, and Tarko's got the bug. Kaia has a point that this is the lead-up to some kind of disaster, but some things people have to (hopefully with minimal damage) learn for themselves. :p And perhaps once it's been fixed up and the zoomies have worn off, Tarko will manage to drive sensibly and not crash the thing. Much. :p

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    men and their passions but they will learn

Kahara likes this.