main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice gifts for those that posted them.

This year I received the Retro ROTJ set of six boxed figures including Mon Mothma!

I kinda gifted myself a bunch of TVC figures, mostly TCW, that I haven't opened yet. Mainly so I can spend time playing figures with my son who is still into The Clone Wars. I kept track of all the episodes we watched and sure enough we've seen them all since just last summer! I got my son the TCW Turbo Tank with driver, 212th battalion Clone, IG-86, Droid Commander, AOTC wedding gown Padme, SWS Wat Tambor (his favorite Sep right now besides San Hill lol), Retro Ahsoka Sabine, Marok, Chopper, Assasin droid, 332nd trooper, TCW activity/coloring books.

Deliveries for me include lot of 17 TAC & TVC-Weequay skiff master, Peasant Padme, Stormtrooper lot-ROTS Clone Commander, Deluxe Clone I&II, SW Saga lot of 53, Clone troopers, lot of vintage- Stormtroopers, micro figures, lot of 25 vintage- Cloud car pilot, modern lot- vintage ANH cards, RO and Rebels Stormtrooper, custom vintage white&blk Stormtrooper, Boba Fett retro prototype figure!!, lot of 21- ROTS Meena Tills, loose 53 figure lot-TCW Padme, Luminara, TSC Death Star Gunner, vintage lot-Sandperson, DS Commander, lot of 4 Clones-TVC 332nd, ROTS Shock Trooper, vintage TVC Krysantan, all Ahsoka retro figures, Art of TPM book, TVC 501st, TBOBF Koska, Retro OBK MOC, lot of 18- TSC Foul Moudama, SWS Ayy Vida, VC lot 4 TLJ Elite Preatorian Guard MOC, VC lot- TM Paz, Comm Colt, HK-47 & Revan as Jedi, TCW Airborne trooper, lot-weapons, cloaks, TLJ Finn MOC, lot of TPM fast food goodies, cup toppers, 28oz bottles, lot-Comic books, cup toppers, TPM mouse pad, Frida Kahlo tote for wife, TPM Starfighter blanket, lot of 25- Jawa, Bespin Security, Stormtrooper(2),
    Amazon deliveries-Ahsoka TVC HK-87, Morgan Eslbeth, C1-10 MOC, vintage sealed mail away Boba Fett, large lot some vintage-Squid Head, TLC Arf trooper, RITJ vintage lot of 16-Klaatu(3), loose lot- TAC Clone Officer, TVC Jesse, Rebel Soldier, ROTJ Lando & Han, TBOBF Tusken Boba, Sanderson female, Andor and Vel.
    Up to Dec 19th

I look forward to ordering the Target exclusive TPM retros and any other good TVC deals in the stores now that they're actually carrying them. It's been awhile to have so many good figures on the pegs for the holidays. Happy Holidays everyone!

cubman987 and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Nice Haul and Merry Christmas too you and yours also Happy New years :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Thank you and Merry Christmas, Happy new year to yours. Look forward to many nice hauls for us all in the new year!

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Hopefully there will be many good hauls and maybe the Kotor remake :p don't know if that will ever happen

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 7 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Got this beauty with some Xmas money.
    [​IMG]

I finally went to the LEGO store on 5th Avenue since B&N doesn't carry it. It was very cool there, with lots of mega sized builds, and build your own minifig stations.

6. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    A beauty is right it looks awesome!

Happy Sando likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 7 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Last year I talked about getting the whole LEGO TIE line and thanks to finally tracking down a standard TIE fighter I have now done that! For the OT fighters at least, I'm pretty sure there's a TIE Striker set, as well as ST era ones
    [​IMG]

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I found my old box of Lego figures. Sadly I donated almost all my sets other than the figures (cause I like em) I misplaced them in my house for a while. I’ll have to upload a o I tire of them here

Happy Sando likes this.
  9. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    @Todd the Jedi Yeah, you'd need a heck of a bigger shelf if you extended your collection beyond the original four TIE variants! The Striker is huge; would take up half of that space all by itself. At any rate, that's an awesome line-up! Is that the original TIE Advanced x1 set?

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    No, the 2009 version. All the original TIE LEGOs have the blue trim on them- eventually they switched to the more accurate gray trim. I actually had the Fighter, Bomber, and Interceptor way back when, and they were all blue, so it's nice to have the more accurate models, with of course major design advancements.

Happy Sando and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks for the info:)

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Little kid me would have been burning with envy at this photo! :p Awesome work!

13. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    Ah, that's neat, I'd forgotten there was a "middle" version of Vader's TIE. I've got the Rebels set which came with an A-Wing. :)

It's weird looking back at some of those original LEGO sets. I had a couple from The Phantom Menace and the first Slave 1 and totally saw them as these highly detailed, accurate models whenever I played with them as a kid, but now they're... well, I don't wanna say "laughable" but...?

Darkslayer and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Do you follow MandR Productions? He has a lot of comparison videos and yeah it’s laughable how basic the original designs for a lot of sets were. I still have that original Slave I and the Jango version from only a few years later, and the latter is way more detailed and accurate.

Happy Sando and Darkslayer like this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    In your defense, the Jango Slave I is still the most accurate version of Jango's ship since they never remade it :p

16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    He does have a point

Happy Sando and Darkslayer like this.
  17. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    I've seen a couple of equivalent channels on YouTube, yeah. :)

Boba's Slave I is probably the best way of appreciating LEGO's design evolution, given how many variants they've released over the years. It's either that or the Falcon. Does kinda boggle the mind when you see the leaps and bounds that've been made!

And yeah, speaking of which, we're long overdue an updated Jango variant (no matter how good the original was). [face_laugh]

Darkslayer and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah we really need an update for Jango :)

Darkslayer and Happy Sando like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    My latest LEGO acquisition. I had the original AT-TE way back when so it was cool building a more updated version.
    [​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Oh cool !!!!

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Went and bought the new Captain Rex black series helmet yesterday. It is glorious!! The paint job and details are done so well.
    Quite possibly the best helmet to date. Either that or Vader, I can’t decide.

22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I signed up today for the Pre-release event of Star Wars Unlimited at my LGS… does anyone know if there is a thread or section to talk about that game here? I’m really looking forward to playing it actually.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It hasn't been active lately but you can try the Fantasy Flight thread in Lit.

25. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Deliveries/pick ups include lot of 8 Clone Wars figures -Micro series Clone trooper, Anakin and Saesee Tinn, TPM pod racers lot- Ben Quadrinaros, TCW Pre Vizsla, lot of 25 modern figures-TFU Rahm Kota, vintage Ewoks Shamen Dulok w/necklace, lot of 8 TPM Taco bell cups with tops, vintage lot-Weequay, '84 Stormshadow bow, lot small-TCW Skiff Anakin, LC Queen, lot of 43-TAC Super battle droid, TCW Commando droid captain, vintage X-Wing vs Tie belt buckle, TVW Chopper, TPM blanket, lot of 22-TCW Comm Wolffe, lot 8-Evo trooper, POTF2 Jawa, MOTU cardback lot, TPM pillow cases, ROTS lot-Clone Comm red, Senate Guard blue, Anakin battle damage, lot 90s-2000s- TPM Sebulba, SWS Jango, Anakin Hanger Duel, TCW Goji, Saga lot-ROTS Clone troopers, TSC Sandtrooper, vintage 12 figure lot-Royal Guard, Rebel soldier, Imp Commander, vintage GM Coco Puffs box, lot of 16-ROTS AT-RT drivers, TAC Mcquarrie Boba Fett, TSC Garindan, large lot-TAC Jango, ROTS Utapau Clonetrooper, TVC Grevious, 2000s mixed lot-TSC Arc trooper, TAC Darth Revan, TVC MOC lot-Deathtrooper, Incinerator &Artillary trooper, Remnant trooper, lot-TSC Tusken, TBS Ahsoka, Solo Chewy, vintage 1983 ROTJ Satchel bookbag, lot of 33-ROTS Clonetrooper, pilot, TSC Scorch.
    To Feb 20th.
    Finally received the Book of Boba retro case!! and found Din Djarin Marok at Ross. Also snagged a few Paz Vizslas on clearance.