main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga Star Wars Episode 13: The Rise of Palpatine (SPOILERS!!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by study888, Jun 21, 2021.

1. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    WARNING: ST AND GENERAL SW SAGA SPOILERS!!!!

My 10, The Ordu Menace, is the beginning of the long awaited reimagined Thrawn Trilogy. This is the chapter following that, which I was moved to write first. And also it will be told in supplementary canon material how Akbar survived. Enjoy.-BLS"study3600"KV

I invite comments only after the last part of this Script is posted. Thanks.

Title: Star Wars Episode XIII:The Rise of Palpatine
    Author: Brent Lee Sohlden "study3600" Koivopolo V
    Characters: own creation: Rasa Lem, Kolap Hu, Jedi Master Klon, Jedi Master Leersa, Jedi Knght Hin, Jedi Knight Farja, Fawn Mothma, Jedi Master Gornee, Jedi Padawan Tal, Jedi Padawan Nalsa Li, possibly more. Established: Jedi Knight Grogu, Ben Solo-Skywalker, Rey Skywalker-Solo, Finn, Poe Dameron, Admiral Akbar, Mon Mothma, Palpatine Clones, Kaminoans, Lumpy, Chewie, Lando Calrissean, Admiral D'alla, Luke and Sarah Skywalker-Solo, C-3PO, R2-D2, D-O, BB-8, possibly more
    Genre: Drama, Action, some humour,Fantasy
    Rating: PG for violence, mild language.
    Timeline: After TROS.
    Length: Approx. Runtime of film once made: 2 hours.

Summary: I have provided an opening crawl by way of an introduction. The story picks up from where Episode 12: Rise of The Jedi left off.
    Notes: Again, this thread is closed to all comment until the last scene of the script is posted.

THE RISE OF PALPATINE

Screenplay by: Brent Lee Sohlden Koivopolo V

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

SC 01 EXT SPACE

A TITLE ROLL appears, which crawls into infinity....

STAR WARS:
    EPISODE XIII
    THE RISE OF PALPATINE

THREE YEARS AFTER the death of GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN, the NEW JEDI ORDER has flourished and grown EXPONENTIALLY, with HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of NEW JEDI PADAWANS entering the NEW JEDI TEMPLES to be trained daily, and mostv of them achieving KNIGHTHOOD, and THOUSANDS of JEDI MASTERS now extant.
    UNBEKNOWNGST to them, MILLIONS OF CLONES of the DARK LORD OF THE SITH, PALPATINE, lurk behind the scenes, biding their time, plotting to revive the LAST REMNANTS OF THE GALACTIC EMPIRE for a final EXTINCTION OF THE JEDI and REVENGE on the GRANDDAUGHTER who had betrayed him FIFTEEN YEARS AGO....

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  2. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    PAN DOWN to a FORMATION of X-WINGS. They release fireworks over a PLANET. PAN DOWN. IT IS CORUSCANT. DYNAMICALLY PAN DOWN INTO THE ATMOSPHERE OF CORUSCANT AND TWIST UP AND LOOK OVERHEAD to see fireworks fill the sky as loud gongs chime and we see people celebrating on BALCONIES UPON BALCONIES and DANCING on ROOFTOPS.
    On a LARGER THAN LIFE HOLO DISPLAY that fills the sky a' la the HUNGER GAMES DEATH ANNOUNCEMENT SCREEN, we see a HOLO OF THE LAST DOGFIGHT SCENE IN RISE OF SKYWALKER AS the DEFEAT OF PALPATINE FIFTEEN YEARS AGO is celebrated PLANETWIDE.

SC 02 EXT. TATOOINE-DAY

We see the same celebrations.

SC 03 EXT. LOTHOL-DAY

Celebrating.

SC 04 EXT. KASHYYK-DAY

The Wookiees are celebrating.

SC 05 EXT. NABOO-DAY

NABOO AND GUNGAN ALIKE are exhuberantly celebrating V-E Day, or Victory over the Empire Day, the DAY PALPATINE DIED!

PAN DOWN to a smaller crowd on Naboo, upon a balcony, a NEW QUEEN and A NEW HEAD SECURITY GUARD, and NEW HANDMAIDENS sit with REY SKYWALKER-SOLO, FINN, ROSE TICO, POE DAMERON, AN AGED MON MOTHMA, A WRINKLED ADMIRAL AKBAR, and a GRAYING LANDO CALARISSEAN, grinning from ear to ear, with an entourage of RESISTANCE Soldiers, and BEN SOLO, REY'S JEDI MASTER HUSBAND, at the forefront, and their two JEDI YOUNGLING children, LUKE, 5, and SARAH, 3. BEN has one hand on one of both of his children's shoulders, a WRY SMILE across his face. STREAMERS and CONFETTI fill the air. GUNGAN DRUMMERS beat their snare drums as an AGED BOSS NASS sits upon his raised dais, a huge smile creasing his face.

Brent Sohlden11/12/2020

SC 06 EXT. AHCH-TO- NEWLY- BUILT JEDI TEMPLE-DAY

SC 07 INT. AHCH-TO JEDI TEMPLE

A Twi-Lek JEDI MASTER trains three PADAWANS of various ages. Next to him, a very familiar FORCE GHOST fades in .

LUKE SKYWALKER (Puts hands on hips): Master Klon.

KLON (De-igniting his saber): Master Luke. Padawans! We will continue Saber technique training later. We have a visitor.

PADAWANS ( in unison): Greetings, Master Luke.

LUKE: Greetings, Padawan Learners. I would like a word with Master Klon. In private. Leave us.

All three Padawans exit the room.

LUKE(CONT'D): I sense a great, great disturbance in the Force, Klon. On this great day of celebration a shadow seems to befall us.

KLON: I, too, sense it, Master Luke. But I cannot find out what it means.

LUKE: I sense that this day of celebration is but the calm before a storm, as if the dark tides of hate and evil and pride are about to break upon our shore. Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sense it also.

KLON: Ought we to warn the Chancellor of the New Republic, Mon Mothma?

LUKE: Yes, I feel that is your duty. Take with you Masters Lim and Gornee and two Knights and four Padawans. Don't tell anyone why you are going to see the Chancellor. Tell your errand to no one. I sense great evil is afoot, though it cloaks itself in the shadows.

KLON: What do I tell her?

LUKE: Tell her to be on guard, and to start to build up the Resistance Armies again in secret, and it is the will of the Force to tell her to seek to the Geonosians for help to fight this new threat. I know not why that is, but I forsee that it will be necessary. And tell her to keep the two Jedi Knights and two of the Padawans as bodyguards.

KLON: The threat is that manerous, Master Luke?

LUKE: I fear even more so than even I realize, Master Klon. And call an emergency meeting of the Jedi Council to discuss what I know each of you are beginning to sense, and take whatever further action you deem fit. May the Force be with you.

The GHOST OF JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER fades, and JEDI MASTER KLON calls the three PADAWANS back into the CHAMBER.

KLON: Now, we will continue our Saber training.

Brent Sohlden11/12/2020

MOK NADO: What's wrong, Master Klon? You look worried.

KLON: I'm not sure, but I have a bad feeling that our celebration day may be cut short.

The Padawans exchange worried glances.

KLON: Let's continue with the training, shall we? (Ignites saber).

SC 08 INT. MALACHOR V-SITH TEMPLE-NIGHT (FLASHBACK SEQUENCE)

We hear familiar cackling. A human Sith Apprentice lifts the massive doors of the Sith Temple with the Dark Side of the Force as Maul had Ezra do once.

PALPATINE: Good, good! Only your anger and your hatred can allow you to succeed, my Apprentice.

RASA LEM: I-can't- it's too heavy!

PALPATINE CLONE: Pour your anger, your hatred, your aggression, into the task at hand. Only the full power of Dark Side of the Force can give you such superhuman strength as is needed to complete your task. Do it! Do it now, boy!

RASA LEM'S eyes suddenly go an unnatural hue of yellow as he seemingly effortlessly lifts the door to the Temple's entrance, and Palpatine follows him in.

SC 09 EXT. KAMINO-OTHER SIDE OF PLANET THAN NOW DESTROYED TIPOCA CITY-NEAR SECRET FACILITIES-NIGHT

Rising out of the ocean of Kamino and flying in a V- Formation, Kaminoian AIWHAS, one kaminoian rider per bird, the lead Kaminoian bearing a sharp TRIDENT that looks like Finnick's Trident from the HUNGER GAMES.

Brent Sohlden11/12/2020

SC 10 INT. KAMINO -SINGLE CLONE FACILITY

ONE CLONE WAKES UP, and exits his cocoon. We see him from his chest up as he puts on his hooded robe. A Kaminoian informs him:

KAMINOAN: You are the Alpha Clone, from which, if all else fails, sir, clones of you will be made to start all over. You are the failsafe clone.

PALPATINE: Yes, I know. I'm not stupid. (He smiles wickedly as he ascends a balcony to address THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPERS, assembled to hear his speech.)

The Troops look up to him as behind him the BANNER OF THE GALACTIC EMPIRE UNFURLS.

HUNDREDS OF SCOUT WALKERS and FIRST ORDER OFFICERS board STAR DESTROYERS OF MASSIVE SIZE AND SCOPE, and PALPATINE PRIME beckons to the IMPERIAL REMNANTS as he is about to address them.

Brent Sohlden11/12/2020

PALPATINE PRIME:
    Fifteen years ago today, the Resistance made another pitiful attempt to defeat me after their first attempt on my life thirty years before that. But my resolve has never been stronger!

Cheers and applause.

PALPATINE PRIME(CONT'D): The loss of Supreme Leader Snoke and the betrayal of Kylo Ren were unfortunate, but the Galactic Empire has not seen its best days yet, of that I can assure you. It SHALL stand for a thousand years, as I promised from the beginning, for I have achieved the secret of eternal life!

More cheers and applause.

PALPATINE PRIME( CONT'D): So while the pitiful Resistance to MY authority celebrates their apparent victory over me, their true Master, all across the galaxy, in the shadows, in the darkness, millions of Palpatine Clones just like me continue to build up the Imperial Army so that we will RISE FROM THE ASHES and bring PEACE, PROSPERITY and ORDER to the Galaxy once more and put an end to the enemies of our EMPIRE, the evil JEDI!

Brent Sohlden11/12/2020

More cheers and more applause.

PALPATINE( CONT'D): So I propose this day that as a show of our power, we immediately launch a SNEAK ATTACK on my former home planet of Naboo, where my intelligence tells me the cheif instigators of this Rebellion against our PEACE are RELAXING, UNSUSPECTING OF ANYTHING! THE FOOLS! They shall be cut down in the midst of their foolish celebrations, and then we shall unleash the full might of our STILL FULLY OPERATIONAL EMPIRE ACROSS THE GALAXY. The JEDI will be caught completely off guard. Do it! Do it now!

Duel of the Fates music blares as the IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYERS, now fully loaded, take off from Kamino to do their Emporer's bidding.

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

SC 11 INT. NABOO-THEED- PALACE-SUNSET

C-3PO and R2-D2 and BB-8 and D-0 stroll along the ornate marble floors of the NABOO PALACE.

C-3PO: Yes, I know, Artoo, I was just coming to that. Then I said, For a mechanic you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking. Little did I know that we were about to embark on a big adventure in a Droid Factory where the most perverse activities were taking- what was that? Artoo, did you hear that rumbling?

ARTOO: Beeps.

CHEWBACCA, in the distance, barks in anger as outside the window, a huge ornate building bursts into flames.

3PO: Oh, my Goodness! We are under attack!

Chewie grabs 3PO and lifts him, carrying him kicking and screaming to shelter. R2 kicks up and rockets to safety. BB-8 scurries into hiding. The palace rocks. Stones from the palace ceiling come crudshing to the floor.

SC 12 INT. NABOO-THEED-PALACE- BEDROOM

Beside each other, BEN SOLO and REY, married with two children, a boy and a girl. BEN sits bolt upright in bed. Two children, theirs, rush into the room, and hop into the bed, and climb on top of REY.

SARAH: Everything's shaking, mommy.

BEN holds the BOY, LUKE. They leap out of bed, both force-grabbing their lightsabers and igniting them, as they take their little ones to safety.

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

SC 13 INT. BEDROOM-THEED- PALACE-NABOO

POE DAMERON leaps out of bed and grabs his blaster.

SC 14 INT. NABOO-THEED- PALACE-HALLWAY

FINN, blaster drawn, races down the hall, hitching up his pants. The palace continues to rock. Outside the window, Finn observes a building exploding into flames and debris. Part of that debris flies through the window shattering glass and barely missing Finn.

SC 15 INT. QUEEN'S CHAMBERS-THEED-PALACE-NABOO

RAY SHIELDING is activated around the Queen's bed and her Handmaidens who surround it. Each Handmaiden has her blaster drawn, ready for anything.

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

SC 16 INT. THEED PALACE ANTEROOM- NABOO

LANDO CALARISSEAN races across the marble floor, blaster drawn, ready for anything, followed closely by his wife, TENDRA and his son, CHANCE, now 13. LANDO looks up out the glass ceiling as seven massive Star Destroyers continue to bombard the surface of Naboo, striking at the heart of Theed. He runs out of the anterior and runs into Poe.

LANDO: Imperials! I thought the Empire was dead!

POE ( looking up): I thought so, too! Looks like our celebration was premature!

FINN (rushing up behind POE): It's the end of the world! I thought our troubles were over and we were living in peace and harmony now, but no, more Empire, more fighting! It never ends!

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

POE:
    We'll get through this, Finn. We just gotta find a way to stay alive. Where are the others?

FINN: How am I supposed to know? Do you think we developed an emergency escape plan? We're supposed to be at peace now! Now its fifteen years ago all over again! Let's find the others! We gotta get out of here!

Finn turns, and the others follow.

FINN (CONT'D): We gotta get the Queen aboard the Falcon! And all the rest of us, too! It's our only hope!

POE: Agreed.

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

LANDO: My guess is its a sure bet this new Empire is gunning specifically for us. They'll be looking for the Falcon.

POE: Not if its got a cloaking device. Say hello to new technology. Now even the smallest freighters are able to go invisible and undetected. I installed it on the Falcon myself. Now if we can just get everyone found and aboard.

Huge explosion.

POE(CONT'D): Like, now!

SC 17 INT. INNER ROOM- PALACE-NABOO-THEED

C-3PO and R2-D2 and BB-8 and D-0 hide. Chewbacca joins them. Chewbacca barks. Artoo beeps.

C-3PO: What do you mean find the others? I'm staying right here where it's safe!

Chewbacca switches him off, then carries him away and R2, D-0 and BB-8 follow.

SC 18 INT. HALLWAY-PALACE-THEED-NABOO-NIGHT

Sabers ignited, REY and BEN and their two CHILDREN race down the hallway.

Brent Sohlden 11/13/2020

BEN: We've got to find the others and get aboard the Millenium Falcon. I sense the Imperials, however they managed to come back, that their main target is us, and I believe we have a new cloaking device now.

REY: I sense the presence of our friends two levels below.

More explosions rock the palace.

REY(CONT'D): But we don't have time to go down two flights of stairs.

Suddenly she slices the glass out of the nearest window and leaps onto the sill, extending her hand.

REY(CONT'D): Do you trust me?

BEN: With my life. What about Luke and Sarah?

REY: I will hold Sarah. You hold Luke. We must trust the Living Force.

They grab their children, then take a tumble out the window, landing on their two feet on the ledge two stories below. BEN slices out the glass with his saber this time.

REY: I feel we must get the Queen aboard the Falcon as well as her handmaidens.

BEN: Agreed. Let's go.

SC 19 INT. QUEEN'S BEDCHAMBER-NABOO-THEED-PALACE

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

Doors on opposite ends of the chamber open and the Handmaidens point their blasters, but on one side comes REY and BEN and their two CHILDREN and from the other side comes POE, LANDO, CHANCE, TENDRA, AND FINN and ROSE. The QUEEN breathes a sigh of relief. Then another door opens. All blasters point toward the door. In walks C-3PO, CHEWIE, and R2 and in rolls BB-8, with D-0 behind.

C-3PO: Are we late?

Chewbacca barks.

POE: OK, people, Let's get the Queen to the Falcon. Chop chop chop!

Explosions continue to rock the palace.

Brent Sohlden11/13/2020

SC 20 INT NABOO-PALACE-HANGAR

The whole group climbs aboard the Falcon along with their entourage of Restistance figthers who have also made their way to the Falcon and the Queen's head of Security CAPTAIN MEEKO. Also an aged and seasoned, very ancient but still very much alive RICK OLLIE joins them, rounding out the Falcon's new motley crew. The ship flies away, and activates its cloaking device and disappears, and goes right between two of the massive Star Destroyers that continue to aerially bombard Theed, about to deploy ground troops and AT-ST's.

SC 21 INT MILLENIUM FALCON-COCKPIT

As LANDO, in the PILOT'S seat, and CHEWIE in the co-pilot's seat, punch the navicomputer to calculate a lightspeed jump, the rest of the crew strap in.

Edit: Script formatting and major changes. This post finished 6-19-2024.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  3. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Then the stars turn into starlines and we see the Falcon hurtling through the mottled sky of hyperspace.

REY (to Ben): I sure hope Mon Mothma and Admiral Akbar are alright. They were down there too.

BEN: Don't worry, honey. They have security protocols for situations like this. They'll be fine. We were the only ones in danger.

SC 22 EXT. SPACE ABOVE NABOO

A small ship, the TANTIVE V, races past the blockade, then decloaks just before it makes the jump to lightspeed. Onboard are MON MOTHMA, ADMIRAL ACKBAR, and many others.

SC 23 INT. TANTIVE V

Mon stands next to Akbar, a concerned look on her face.

MON: I sure hope Rey and the others are alright, Admiral.

AKBAR (sucks in): Chancellor, they all have survived much greater ordeals than this. I am confident they are even now aboard the Falcon, away from all harm.

MON: It's the children I worry about, Admiral. I did not see this coming, nor do I think could have anyone. This was a complete and total surprise to us all. Set course for Coruscant.

SC 24 EXT. TANTIVE V

We see the ship jump into hyperspace from a rear angle.

SC 25 EXT. KATO NEMOIDA-DAY

We see Nemoidan boys and girls playing in Nemoidan streets. We see Nemoidan houses and other dwellings We see Nemoidan city life. Nemoidan streetcars on four rubber wheels go down the road at street level as above lanes of flying cars move about in congested fashion.

SC 26 INT-KATO NEMOIDA -DAY- NEMOIDAN DINER

Inside a Nemoidan restaurant, two hooded figures are talking. One of them both looks like and sounds like Darth Sideous.

PALPATINE: So, my young Apprentice, in order to complete your training and prove your worth, my spies tell me that my targets on Naboo, my old home planet, have all survived. They have two Jedi protectors a man named Ben and a woman named Rey. They must be destroyed. The others will be easy to deal with. Move against the Jedi first. They are on board a vessel called The Millenium Falcon, a ship that has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Do what must be done. Show no mercy. They cannot hide from you for long. Nowhere they go is safe. And after that, your next assignment will be to assassinate Mon Mothma, current Chancellor of this so-called New Republic of theirs. She will also have Jedi protectors. I have foreseen this. You will find her on Coruscant. Move against her when she is vulnerable. Lure the Jedi away from her with a distraction then kill her at a time when she least expects it. You must NOT fail me, my young Apprentice. If I do not have these threats to my power eliminated, I have a weakness. Understood?

RASA LEM: Yes, my Master

November 17, 2020

SC 27 -EXT. -NAR SHADDAA-DAY

We see a planet much like Coruscant only different somehow, with a different feel to it. The Millenium Falcon docks in a LANDING BAY and the crew disembarks.

LANDO: We will be all staying at two different Nar Shaddaa hotels registered under phony names. The queen and her handmaidens will not be in their royal dress, and we will use untraceable credit accounts. The New Empire won't be able to find us here in a million years. We need to lay low until the Resistance builds its armies back up. No one can know we are here. Understood?(edited)

MAN: Can you spare a few credits good sir?

LANDO (flipping him a few coins and giving him a few bills): Get yourself a hot meal and a warm shower somewhere, man. A thousand blessings to you.

MAN: I will never forget your kindness, sir.

SC 28-INT. NAR SHADDAA- LANDING BAY

We see the Falcon is completely invisible as it is parked.

SC 29 INT. HOTEL ROOM- NAR SHADDAA

CAPTAIN MEEKO starts a transmission. We know it is him although stripped of his Royal Naboo Security Outfit.

We see the face of RASA LEM.

MEEKO: Lord Violentiam, the quarry you seek is on Nar Shaddaa and they are in two hotels here, the Kona Lemz and the Saes Nemz. The two Jedi are here with me in the Nemz, in Room 584, fifth level of the fifth tier. The vessel you seek is in Landing Bay 87, in the Lome District, same region these hotels are. I am transmitting the coordinates now.

RASA LEM: As always, you shall be well paid, as you and your whole line of security cheifs have always been under the payroll of Lord Sideous our master. Pity the former senator of Naboo did not fall for the Trap Captain Typho set up for her. Oh well, she did die eventually. Sideous saw to that. Await the wire credit transfer of your SUBSTANTIAL payment for your services. You know, this Intel had better prove fruitful. Remember what happened to Captain Panaka when his intel failed to bring the Queen back to Naboo to sign the treaty. He seemed to die in his sleep.....pity. Violentiam out.

The transmission fades.

Brent Sohlden — 11/17/2020

SC 30-EXT. CORUSCANT-BALCONY-NIGHT

Mon Mothma and two REPUBLIC GUARDS watch the traffic lanes and endless hustle and bustle of THE CITY.
    A young woman, MON MOTHMA's 40 year old daughter, FAWN MOTHMA, daughter of MON and HER HUSBAND, MARKO LOPO, comes outside to join her and deliver a MESSAGE.

FAWN: You have visitors, Mother.

MON: I shall take them in my sitting room.

FAWN turns around and walks back inside the condominium. Then MON walks inside.

SC 31 INT. CORUSCANT- MON MOTHMA'S SPACIOUS CONDO.

Into MON'S sitting room walk JEDI MASTERS KLON, GORNEE AND LIM, JEDI KNIGHTS HIN AND FARJA, and FOUR JEDI PADAWANS, two young men and two young females, a Twi'lek and an Ithorian.

MON MOTHMA: Grand Master Klon, to what do I owe this pleasure?

KLON: Fawn, Marko, Knights and Padawans of the order, you must all leave the other two Masters and I and Mon to talk in private.

All leave, save for MASTER LIM, MASTER GORNEE and MON MOTHMA and KLON.

MON: Does this have something to do with the recent attack on Naboo by the newly forged Empire?

KLON: I did not know about that, but figured you would be here.

MON: I just came from Naboo, and would still be on it, when our vacation was cut short by Remnants of the Empire.

KLON: Then it is worse than I feared. Making my instructions from Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker himself all the more urgent!

MON: I know not how these things work. Hasn't he been dead for over 15 years?

KLON: Through the Force he has achieved eternal life. Here is his most urgent request: He wants you to be on guard, and to start to build up the Resistance Armies again in secret.

MON: I have already given that order and am wise enough to know it must be in secret.

KLON: Good, but there is more. It is the will of the Force for me to tell you to seek to the Geonosians for help to fight this new threat. He does not know why that is but he foresees that it will be necessary.

MON: Why, the very idea of needing a fleet of Restistance Death Stars is appalling! Even I wouldn't go that far!

KLON: is that what it amounts to? I did not know. But remember, you must trust the Force on this, Chancellor. Just think on it. And there is one more thing.

MON: And what is that, Master Klon?

KLON: You must keep Jedi Knights Hin and Farja and two of their padawans as bodyguards until further notice.

MON: What? Security is for my Royal Guards, trained in every known fighting art, not for Jedi! Surely that's overkill! More must be implied in a security mandate for Jedi than just security!

KLON: Still, it is what it is. Choose one each of Hin and Farja's two padawan learners to stay with you at all times.

MON: I will do no such thing, even if you are Jedi.

MASTER GORNEE: I warn you, Chancellor, that if you refuse our services, your life could be forfeit.

MON MOTHMA: Oh, alright. I choose the human boy with the reddish hair and the similarly aged Twi'lek girl.

MASTER LIM: Good choice. They are both the Padawan Learners of Jedi Knight Farja, and have been two of our top students. Both are twelve years old but already excel at Force adeptness. They will serve you well, Chancellor. May the Force be with you.

MON MOTHMA: And also with you, Master Lim.(edited)

SC 32 INT. BRIDGE OF SHADOW AND FLAME, RASA LEM'S SHIP

RASA LEM kneels before a HOLO of SIDEOUS or PALPATINE.

SIDEOUS: Good, good, my young Apprentice. Do not attack immediately. Let them get comfortable, complacent. After a month at their hotels, after their guard is down, then strike with fury and fire. Patience is the virtue of the Sith. Meanwhile my Imperial fleets will strike at various Rebellion- held worlds to try to break their resolve. Our second Starkiller base will not destroy Coruscant, but only its surface, for it is our galaxy's central earth. But our new Starkiller base will not be built and operational until a full three years from this time, so our strike at the heart of the Rebellion can wait. When it is fully operational its first target will be the Jedi stronghold of Ach-To, which must be obliterated. Do not write this fact in your diary, keep it within.

RASA LEM: Yes, Master.

SIDEOUS: For the next month, orbit the Gambler's Moon and live aboard your ship, then at month's end, hunt your quarry. Understood?

RASA LEM: It shall be done, my Master.

The transmission ends and RASA LEM summons from his holo computer a holo calendar, and circles a galactic standard date on it and commands the computer to set a reminder for him for that day. Then he summons his Log, and begins to dictate an entry.

LEM: Dear Journal, my assignment now is to wait on my ship and orbit NAR SHADDAA for one month, then move to complete my first mission. I feel confident that this shall make me strong enough in the Dark Side of the force to be ready for the knowledge my Master has promised to impart to me concerning the creation of life.....(edited)

SC 33 INT. DEX'S DINER- CORUSCANT- NIGHT

WA-7 WAITRESS DROID: It looks like Several Jedi have arrived. And the Chancellor herself. Boy are we in luck!

An aged DEXTER JETTSTER comes into the dining area. MOTHMA, FAWN, MARKO, and the JEDI BODYGUARDS take their seats at a booth.

WAITRESS DROID: Complimentary Jawa Juice for Your Highness and your company?

Nods and yeses.

DEX: Would you like some menus?

Yeses and nods.

FAWN: How long have you been in the employment of Mr. Jettster?

WA-7: Almost since the place opened. I used to have a flesh and blood coworker named Hermoine, but she had to quit when this place shut down after the first defeat of the Empire over 35 years ago. Then, by a sure to God miracle, just when I was about to be decommissioned and sent to the scrap heap, Dex managed to get this place reopened and cleaned up and back in good working order almost 5 years ago today. This place is less a meetingplace for undesirables now though it be in an industrial zone, and more a hangout for the more affluent of Galactic society and we're not all that pricey! Business has really been picking up lately!

FARJA: I have it on good intel that this is the best diner on Coruscant.

DEX: Well, I don't know about that, but the customers do keep coming back, and have for the last 90 years when I first opened.

He walks back to the kitchen and comes back with flimsiplast menus, then goes back to the kitchen.

SC 34 CUT TO: INT CORUSCANT- DEX'S DINER- THE ROYAL FAMILY AND THE JEDI EATING

The Jedi have very dignified table manners, as does the Royal Family.

HIN: An encrypted message from Nar Shaddaa says the main Resistance cell are hiding out there with the Queen and her company, and have been for 15 days, staying at two hotels there.

MON: Oh, thank Goodness! I was really starting to worry about Rey and Ben's children, most of all. Thank you, Jedi Knight Hin. They'll be safe there, as long as they do not emerge from their hotels. Its a dangerous place in the city on that Gambler's Moon. Oh, my the food here IS good.

SC 35 INT. ANTEROOM OF NAR SHADDAA HOTEL ROOM- REY AND BEN'S SUITE-NIGHT

C-3PO descends into an oil bath as R2-D2 is being polished and shined by a UTILITY DROID, D-0 rests shut down nearby.

REY sits in a recliner by a fireplace as BEN paces.

BEN: Something isn't right, dear. I don't feel ANY of us should let our guard down. I don't feel we are truly safe in this place at all.

REY: I feel the exact same way, husband. We've been here nearly a galactic standard month, and I think it would be wise for us to stay on guard. I have the distinct feeling that we are being stalked, hunted, and that we two are the primary targets of this hunt.

BEN: I feel we should inform Lando, Finn and Poe of this, but not the Naboo. I feel informing them may not be a good idea, though I can't put my finger on just why.

REY: Agreed.

SC 36-EXT. FARSHA 4- DAY

SC 37-INT. JEDI TEMPLE- FARSHA 4-DAY

The JEDI COUNCIL is in session, with GRAND MASTERS KLON and LEERSA, a DEVARONIAN FEMALE JEDI, and the other 10, including MASTERS GORNEE AND LIM. Masters REY and BEN are in HOLOGRAM FORM only, transmitting from NAR SHADDAA,and all are having a lively discussion and transacting Jedi Business, and voting on key issues. Now we listen in.

MASTER HIRATH (A Rodian Male): Its as if there are millions of elusive shadows, but they all seem so similar to each other in the Force, although all different. It seems they are all the same personality split more than a million ways. And how could the Empire been revived so quickly? I move that it must be none other than additional clones of the Dark Lord of the Sith behind all these seemingly random attacks on countless New Republic worlds.

MASTER LONKO (A Malastarian female): I second that motion. I feel there can be no other conclusion.

GRAND MASTER KLON: Then let's bring this matter to a vote. All who agree with Masters Lonko and Hirath, raise your right hand.

All twelve raise their hands.

MASTER KLON: Then it is settled. He must have trained, at some point, an apprentice. His next move will be to exterminate the Jedi and subjugate the New Republic to his will.

MASTER GORNEE: If I may say so, I believe the main Resistance Cell hiding out on Nar Shaddaa is in considerable danger from the Dark Lord's new Apprentice. I would request additional Jedi to Rey and Ben be sent to counter the Apprentice's next move.

HIRATH: I second.

GRAND MASTER LEERSA: We will put it to a vote. All in favor signify by raising the right hand.

All 12 raise their hands, paws or rightmost appendages.

LEERSA (looking at KLON): But whom shall we send?

KLON: If there are no objections, I shall go myself.

No one objects.

KLON: Then is there a motion to adjourn this meeting?

One Jedi Master raises a paw.

LEERSA: Is there a second?

Another JEDI raises one of his four appendages.

KLON: Then this meeting is hereby adjourned.

OUTSIDE TO INSIDE WIPE GOING INTO A CIRCLE, THEN INSIDE TO OUTSIDE WIPE

SC 38- INT. NAR SHADDAA- HOTEL-LOBBY-NIGHT

A hooded figure comes up to the front desk.

RODIAN RECEPTIONIST(In Rodian subtitled): May I help you?

HOODED FIGURE: I'm looking for Mr. and Mrs. Underwood. And their children, and their four droids.

RECEPTIONIST (In Rodian, subtitled): I am not allowed to say. That party's information is classified.

HOODED FIGURE tosses a bag of credits onto the desk, a large bag.

RECEPTIONIST(In Rodian, subtitled): 584, fifth level, fifth tier.

HOODED FIGURE: Let's try to keep this transaction between you and me, eh? (Walks into hallway.)

No sooner is he gone, but another HOODED FIGURE approaches the front desk.

RECEPTIONIST (counting his money, barely looking up, in Rodian, subtitled): May I help you?

A red bladed lightsaber impales him.

RASA LEM: Sure. By dying.

SC 39-INT. ANTEROOM -REY AND GRIFF'S ROOM

C-3PO,R2-D2 and BB-8 and D-0 are having a lively conversation when there is a knock at the Hotel Room door.

3PO: Goodness, gracious me, O Lady Rey, we have a visitor.

BEN: It's too late for room service. I'll answer.

BEN answers the door.

The first hooded figure pulls back his hood. It is JEDI GRAND MASTER KLON.

BEN: Master Klon. I did not expect you so early, I-

Suddenly KLON spins and ignites his purple bladed lightsaber crossing the beam with RASA LEM's red blade.

SC 40-INT-NAR SHADDAA-SAEZ NEMZ HOTEL-HALLWAY-EVENING

KLON (As he fights furiously with LEM, with spins, twirls and thrusts, driving the Sith Lord down the hallway): Gather everyone! Get them all aboard the Falcon. I'll handle this!

As the fight continues down the halls in close quarters, KLON says:

KLON: You are Rasa Lem, once one of our most gifted padawans. How did you allow your mind and heart to be twisted by evil?

LEM: I have seen through the lies of the Jedi. You have always sought to suppress knowledge of the Dark Side from even your own Knights.

KLON: But the Jedi are now much more open to studying both sides of the Force, Lem. We just don't teach that knowledge to Padawans and Knights, at least until the Knights reach the eighth degree of Knighthood.

LEM (as he continues to fight off KLON's constant Vapad assault, and KLON continues to press his advantage.): LIAR! That is not what my Master told me. He told me you'd try to placate me and cajole me back over to the Light Side! Well it's not gonna work! I WILL obey my MASTER!

Suddenly RASA LEM does a back-flip and slices a wide hole in the plaster wall behind and above him, and dives into that hole.
    MASTER KLON de-ignites his saber.

KLON: Blast! He got away!

November 18, 2020

SC 41 EXT. PLAZA BETWEEN HOTELS KONA AND SAES-SUNSET

Entire party races toward landing bay 87, with REY AND BEN in the rear, on the lookout for any sign of the Sith Lord who tried attacking them. Suddenly a red saber blade comes right at Rey's chest like a missile, but she stops it with the Force and turns it around and sends it hurtling back, spinning at RASA LEM. He deftly catches his lightsaber by the handle mid-air, and Force-assisted super speed runs in between REY and BEN, who ignites his orange blade, as REY ignites Anakin's blue blade, trying to catch them off guard. The fight is furious as blade crosses blade crosses blade. It is a stalemate, so RASA LEM force pushes BEN ten meters away from him, then turns to contend with REY. The swordfight is fast and furious. Then RASA ignites his red saber's second blade, making it a halberd. REY finds this new weapon much harder to fend off, and RASA wields it expertly, but she gives a force push of her own, sending RASA LEM twenty meters, back towards the NEMZ HOTEL, as the two JEDI are the last two to get on board. The SITH LORD Force-speeds up to the now decloaked Falcon to put a hyperspace tracker on it as it flies off, but he sees the ship scan the outside of itself and fry the tracker.

RASA: Damn! My Master will not be pleased!

Brent Sohlden — 11/18/2020

SC 42 INT. REY AND BEN'S FORMER SUITE

From a window, JEDI GRAND MASTER KLON watches as the Falcon flies off into the skies. He smiles, arms crossed.

SC 43 INT. SHADOW AND FLAME- COCKPIT

RASA LEM immediately takes off to give the Falcon pursuit.

SC 44 INT. MILLENIUM FALCON- COCKPIT

LANDO and CHEWIE prepare to go to lightspeed.

LANDO: Looks like we've grown a tail.

SCENES 45-48 GUNWELLS AND DOGFIGHTING

FINN and REY man their AFT GUNS.

Despite all their firepower at the SHADOW AND FLAME, every bolt seems to miss it.

FINN: We just can't hit this guy! Why isn't he firing back?

SC 49 INT. SHADOW AND FLAME-COCKPIT

RASA LEM: Computer, commence primary ignition.

SC 50 EXT SPACE

Suddenly several beams from the front of SHADOW AND FLAME converge into a single beam.

SC 51 INT. MILLINIUM FALCON COCKPIT

CHEWIE: (Barks and growls.)

LANDO: Yeah, I see it, I see it! Punch it!

The stars go into starlines and the deadly beam outside goes right through where the Falcon just was.
    The Falcon hurtles through the ICAVE-enhanced mottled sky of hyperspace.

SC 52 INT. CORUSCANT- MON MOTHMA'S CONDO- LARGE ROOM-DAY

TAL, the MALE PADAWAN, and NALSA LI, the FEMALE PADAWAN, and the TWO JEDI KNIGHTS HIN AND FARJA spar with their SABERS- ORANGE one of HIN'S and GREEN one of the FARJA'S and two BLUE ones of the PADAWANS crossing again and again with whirls, spins, thrusts, flips and twirls. Suddelnly the television screen lights up behind them and a VOICE says:

VOICE: This is an encrypted message intended for Jedi Knight Hin.

The others go out of the room.
    HIN puts in the Aurubesh password and the VOICE says:

VOICE(CONT'D): The main Resistance cell is now safe on the gas giant of Bespin on Cloud City. Captain Meeko of the Queen's Guard has been found to be a spy and a traitor, and has been summarily executed. Lando is happy to see the old Tibana gas mines again, and the facility's current administrator is happy to receive us. End message.

Suddenly an explosion rocks the building. JEDI KNIGHT FARJA and the two PADAWANS race in.

FARJA: Should we go investigate these explosions?

HIN: I will investigate. You and the two learners must stay with the Chancellor at all costs. I sense great danger.

The three Jedi rush back into the sitting room of the CONDO.

SC 53 INT. CORUSCANT-MOTHMA'S CONDO- SITTING ROOM- DAY

A RED SABER BLADE slices a hole in the sitting room wall to the left of the CHANCELLOR and RASA LEM forward-flips through the hole, lands on his feet next to MON MOTHMA and just as he begins to strike her down, JEDI KNIGHT FARJA'S green blade crosses his red one, but his second blade ignites, piercing MOTHMA'S side. Mothma collapses into a fetal ball onto the floor and LEM force-grabs FARJA'S SABER out of her hand and force pushes FARJA ten meters out of the way, but just as he brings all three blades down to bear to finish MON off, THE TWO PADAWANS' BLADES TOGETHER cross all three of his, and they both force push him back a few feet together.

LEM: Foolish children! Do you honestly think that children can contend with the will of a Sith Lord?

Suddenly FARJA force grabs her green saber back from a distracted Sith Lord caught off guard monologueing, then force grabs her SECOND, BLUE lightsaber from beneath her cloak and force rushes to defend the padawans and MOTHMA.

SC 54 INT CORUSCANT-BUILDING-HALLWAY-DAY

FARJA(as she fights furiously with LEM, dual wielding, driving him down the hallway, away from the Chancellor): So, my former Padawan Rasa Lem. You made your saber bleed.

A confused look crosses LEM'S face.

FARJA: That's right. I know all your Sith Lore, teachings and Code. But I find it all repugnant to my tastes. To me it is not truth but a twisted subjective version of the reality the Sith created for themselves. Can you not see how the Jedi only kept that knowledge from you to protect you until you were ready for it?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Brent Sohlden — 11/19/2020

LEM: You don't know the power of the Dark Side. If you did, you would not speak such foolishness as you do.

FARJA: Don't you remember the story of Anakin Skywalker? He once felt as you do before coming back to the light.

LEM: Vader was weak and so was Kylo Ren. Snoke was strong and only allowed himself to be destroyed for the greater good of the Empire. My Master will never die for he has achieved eternal life and has promised to teach me the same.

FARJA: Clones get old and die! Become my padawan again and I can teach you the true secret of eternal life, even how to co-create with the God of the Force!

LEM: That is where you are wrong. My Master taught me that there is no God of the Force and the Dark Side is all that matters. In my experience I have found that to be the truth.

FARJA: Then you ARE lost.

SC 55-INT. CHANCELLOR 'S CONDO-SITTING ROOM-DAY

NALSA LI begins to rush out the door.

NALSA: Stay with the Chancellor. I'm going to help my Master.

TAL: I'm coming with you! I sense that that evil Sith Lord is far from here! And WE won't let him come back to get
    her. You can't go alone. You need me. She won't come to harm, I promise.

NALSA LI: Oh, alright! Let's hurry!

SC 56 INT-CORUSCANT -BIG BUILDING-HALLS AND CORRIDORS

They force-zip down the halls, coming upon FARJA just as she starts to be beaten back by a renewed and redoubled offensive by the Dark Lord.
    His attacks are so furious and so fast that FARJA is caught completely off guard as LEM suddenly spins in the opposite direction and twists off her head with his halberd-like saber. Her body slumps to the floor, then both body and head disappear, becoming One with the Force. RASA appears puzzled at this, but then force grabs her blue saber, then looks up at TAL and NALSA, who both rush at him screaming NOOOOO in unison.
    He simply slices a hole into the floor and drops down one level.
    NALSA force grabs her former Master's green saber and reverently holds it, then ignites it crossing both hers and her Master's blue and green blades over her chest, then forward-flips and dives into the hole. TAL jumps in after.

SC 57 INT CORUSCANT-BIG BUILDING-GAMEROOM-DAY

They land on the table of an already- interrupted game of holo-pool, its players visibly agitated, holding their cue sticks in angry threatening poses.

TAL: I sense he's gone three stories up that elevator shaft.

SC 58 INT CORUSCANT ELEVATOR SHAFT-DAY

TAL leads this time as they leap up from wall to wall, dodging narrowly the elevator going rapidly up.

TAL leaps and slashes a hole through the elevator door and forward-flips through, and NALSA LI follows, also forward flipping. Both land on their feet and force zip down the hallways.

SC 59 INT. CHANCELLOR'S CONDO- SITTING ROOM-DAY

Beating her side where the wound is, MON MOTHMA holds a repeating blaster rifle and points it at the door. In steps RASA LEM. MOTHMA shoots at his head, but he deflects her blaster bolts and slices her rifle in half twice through with both blades, his red and Farja's blue. The halberd blade is not currently ignited. Then suddenly LEM flies backwards, and we see that TAL and NALSA LI are force- pulling him back towards the door. He breaks their pull, spins around and uses the Force to slam TAL into the ceiling while at the same time pushing NALSA back through the door. Then he brings the ceiling down on top of TAL and force-closes the door to the sitting room and jams the controls from the inside by shoving his red saber into them. But a shot from behind stuns him.

PAN ACROSS to see MON MOTHMA still pounding her wounded side and holding a different gun. She moves quickly to remove the rubble from off of TAL, and he stands up, then she changes her gun to a different setting and disintegrates the door. She collects RASA LEM'S lightsabers and lifts the man over her head, goes to her balcony and throws him down to the streets below. Then she takes what she tells TAL is a heat seeking grenade missile and throws it down in the same general direction she threw RASA
    LEM. After a bit, an explosion is heard.

MON: Thats what happens to cretins who try to as-

Suddenly TAL and now NALSA leap forward past MON as they intercept a newly determined RASA LEM, who lifts a large balcony post, and hurls it at the children, who barely are able to block it with their three SABERS. Then he picks up the entire front of the balcony which cracks right off and hurls it past the children right at MON. The two children together use the FORCE to stop the balcony in its tracks and drop down just short of the Chancellor. They do this quickly, and as the Sith Lord is distracted, marveling at the Force strength of these two younglings, they use this opportunity to strike as suddenly RASA LEM finds himself impaled by three lightaber blades, and he falls to his apparent death from 2/3 of a balcony, the life force slowly seeping out of him from his impalation wounds on the way down.

MON: I- I don't believe it- he couldn't possibly have survived the first time, I-

NALSA LI (Turning to face Mon, looking her in the eye):NEVER underestimate a Sith, Chancellor.

TAL: Fortunately, you should never underestimate a well-trained Jedi padawan, either, especially two of them! (Winks.)

MOTHMA: Oh, I can't thank you enough-oh I'm going to need to buy a new balcony....

SC 60 EXT. BAKURA-NIGHT

Hundreds of thousands of Imperial troops and officers are boarding several very massive Star Destroyers.

A Palpatine Clone addresses them by loudspeaker.

PALPATINE: Just before my apprentice was killed he transmitted a message that he intercepted an encrypted transmission that said the Main Resistance cell are now on Bespin, in Cloud City. Mount a massive offensive and obliterate that mining facility! I forsee the Rebels will put up an effort to defend themselves. So rendezvous with several more Imperial fleets at the coordinates I am transmitting you and meet the Rebels with overwhelming numbers. I will train a new Apprentice. Go now!

SC 61 INT. CORUSCANT- ANTEROOM OF MON MOTHMA'S CONDO- NIGHT

The Mothma Family is having family time but the Jedi are still present.
    JEDI KNIGHT HIN walks into the room.

5. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    HIN: I just received an emergency transmission from the leading members of the Jedi Council. They feel it is urgent for you to send as many Resistance fleets as you can to guard Cloud City on Bespin immediately.

MON MOTHMA rises to see to the task.

WIPE SIDEWAYS TO

SC 62 INT. HANGAR BAY- BESPIN-CLOUD CITY

POE DAMERON is suited up and boarding his X-WING. ARTOO is pulled up into its SIDE DROID COMPARMENT

RICK OLLIE boards an X-Wing. POE calls out to him.

POE: Now the controls on an X-Wing are a little different from your average Naboo starfighter.

OLLIE: I'll manage. I practiced in the X- wing spaceflight simulator for several hours a while ago. Something just told me I needed to be prepared.

FINN also boards an X-WING, and REY boards a modified A-WING, with BB-8 as her side droid companion.

REY: Tendra and Lando, Jr. are taking a cloaked vessel to Coruscant. This whole city is being evacuated on hundreds of cloaked refugee ships. We are certain Cloud City shall be obliterated.

POE: That's terrible! Let's stick it to the Imperials!

SC 63 INT. MILLLINIUM FALCON-COCKPIT- DRYDOCK- BESPIN-CLOUD CITY

SCENES 64 AND 65- INT MILLENIUM FALCON

LANDO and CHEWIE man their stations.

SC 66 INT -MILLENIUM FALCON-COCKPIT

LANDO: Snub fighters are too small even for today's cloaking devices but due to OUR cloaking device, our sneak attacks should even the score a little, eh Chewie?

CHEWIE: Barks nonchalantly.

LANDO: My thoughts exactly.

SC 67 INT. MILLINIUM FALCON-MAIN HOLD

THREEPIO sits at the GAME TABLE with LUKE and SARAH, watching holo trapeze artists.

3PO: Human behavior is fascinating. I do hope Artoo and the others stay safe.

SC 68 INT. MILLENIUM FALCON LEFT GUNWELL

BEN, manning one of the aft guns, looks lost in thought. We hear his thoughts.

BEN (V.O.): Stay safe my dear wife.

SC 69 INT. REY'S MODIFIED A-WING-COCKPIT.

We see REY lost in thought as well.

REY (V.O.): Always, my dear, always. May the Force be with us.

CUT TO
    SC 70 EXT. SPACE

20 MASIVE RESISTANCE FLEETS come out of Hyperspace around Bespin.

Then SUDDENLY an even more MASSIVE ARMADA of IMPERIAL SHIPS decloaks all around them, surrounding them. Many of the Imperial ships look suspiciously like RASA LEM's personal ship SHADOW AND FLAME.

SCENES 71 -88 EXT SPACE AND INT VARIOUS COCKPITS-SPACE

-INT. OLLIE'S X-WING-COCKPIT-SPACE

-OLLIE: Silver Leader standing by.

-SILVER 1: Silver 1 standing by.

-SILVER 2: Silver 2 standing by.

-SILVER 3: Silver 3 standing by.

-SILVER 4: Silver 4 standing by.

-SILVER 5: Silver 5 standing by.

-SILVER 6: Silver 6 checking in.

-SILVER 7: Silver 7 standing by.

-SILVER 8: Silver 8 ready and waiting!

-INT. REY'S A-WING- COCKPIT-SPACE

-REY: Crimson Leader standing by. All Crimson ships report in by transmitting your tracking signal to my ship.

-POE: Red Leader standing by. All Red ships transmit your signals to my ship.

-LANDO: Obsidian Chief checking in. All in Obsidian Squadron send your signals now.

-FINN: White Leader standing by. All marks on my mark now.

-GREEN LEADER , A SLENDER HUTTESE FEMALE (In French-like accented Basic): Green Leader standing by. All Green ships send me your marks.

-ROYAL LEADER: Royal leader standing by. All marks report in.

-SCOUT LEADER: Scout Leader present and accounted for. All marks on my mark.

-PAINTED SKY LEADER (a male Twi'lek): Painted Sky Leader here. All marks on my mark.

-GOLD LEADER: Gold Leader present. All hands report in now.

SC 89 INT. STAR DESTROYER ADJUCTATER II -BRIDGE

A female ADMIRAL bows before a hologram of PALPATINE.

ADMIRAL D'ALLA: Your Excellency, the Rebels have amassed a HUGE army.

PALPATINE: It is to be expected. Wipe them out. Allllll of them. But if you find the Millinium Falcon, capture it in your tractor beam and bring it into your hangar bay and I will deal with its crew personally when this little battle is over. Understood? The death of Thrawn was unfortunate. You are my best now. Do not fail me. If the Millinium Falcon has a cloaking device, which I suspect they do, they will use sneak attacks. Find the source of these attacks using triangulation and bring that ship to me. As a reward, I shall give the ship to you. I hear it made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, and can make 0.5 past light speed. A worthy prize for one worthy to hunt and catch it, eh?

D'ALLA (bowing low): it shall be done, Your Excellency.

November 20, 2020

Brent Sohlden — 11/20/2020

SC 90 EXT. SPACE

The AIR WAR is intense. The Rebels assault Destroyers constantly, emboldened by past actions of heroes past and present. Poe Dameron tries taking out as many of the SHADOW AND FLAME-like vessels as possible, and Rebel fighters ram Destroyers like crazy, each kamikaze style attack bringing down destroyer after destroyer, but there are hundreds more. It seems the Rebels are fighting a losing battle. Meanwhile, superlasers from the SHADOW AND FLAME-like ships are destroying giant Resistance frigates and battleships, and even entire squadrons of snub fighters at a time.

SC 91 INT. VICTOR'S ARM - BRIDGE

GRAND ADMIRAL AKBAR: Create a perimeter around all remaining medical frigates. Don't let anything break through those lines. Red group. Gold group. Form up around Silver squadron and swarm around that super star destroyer at point 225.

SC 92 EXT. SPACE

The three squadrons plow through the TIE'S and overwhelm and bring down the SUPER STAR DESTROYER, EMPORER'S JEWEL. A small correllian freighter exits hyperspace right in the middle of the battle.

SC 93 INT. COCKPIT OF FREIGHTER LUCK OF THE DRAW

KOLAP HU: LUMPY, you didn't tell me there was a WAR going on here!

LUMPY, his Wookiee co-pilot growls and barks.

HU: OK, OK, so you didn't know. Chewie just said come see Daddy on Bespin, you hooked up with me, and we came out of hyperspace right in the middle of a huge conflict between Rebels and Imperials. I'm not getting involved . I'm a gambler, not a fighter, and I only make bets I know I'll win. And this is a lose-lose...Ok, Lumpy I'm sending your secret family code now. Let's see if your father picks up on it. My guess is he's on the Millinium Falcon, which must be out here somewhere in this mileau.

SC 94 INT. MILLINIUM FALCON-COCKPIT

Chewie looks up to see a certain symbol flashing on a holo that shows up in the Falcon's front viewport. He howels in anger.

LANDO: Your son, out here in all this? We haven't even found a single opening for a good sneak attack, we've just been doing spywork for Akbar, who is too afraid of us giving away our position for us to strike. I feel useless. Now that we have a real mission, to find your son, I feel alive again, like we're actually out here DOING something. Alright, c'mon Chewie, let's go!

November 23, 2020

Brent Sohlden — 11/23/2020

SC 95 INT. RAMDOM HOME- CORUSCANT-LOWER LEVELS

We see the figure of RASA LEM in a Bacta tank being tended by a 21B type medical droid. His impalation wounds, not in vital areas, are packed with a medical poxy.

A MAN stands looking on. His WIFE comes in.

WIFE: Who is this?

MAN: I don't know. I found him moaning and writhing on our balcony.

November 25, 2020

WIFE: Oh, I do hope he survives!

SC 96 EXT. SPACE

An A-Wing blows up and a TIE fighter flies at us through the fireball.

SC 97 INT. TIE COCKPIT-TIE PILOT POV

TIE PILOT flies around searching for his next target, which appears on his targeting computer.

Brent Sohlden — 11/25/2020

SC 98 EXT SPACE

NOW we can see BESPIN in the background. It shines brilliantly.

The SHADOW AND FLAME-like vessels continue to pick off large targets, their beams too weak to destroy BESPIN.

SC 99 INT. X-WING COCKPIT -X-WING PILOT POV

A hologram of AKBAR appears on the right side if the cockpit.

AKBAR: Yellow 3 take evasive action. You have two on your tail. Go to mark 582. Reinforcements should arrive in eight seconds.

SC 100 INT. MILLINIUM FALCON-COCKPIT

CHEWIE: (Growls.)

A TIE is heading right for them.

LANDO: it doesn't see us but it's too close for us to evade. We HAVE to destroy it!

SCENES 101-102 INT. MILLINIUM FALCON-ONE OF THE GUNWELLS

MAN tracks TIE and blows it up.

SC 103 INT. SUPER STAR DESTROYER ADJUCTATOR II

An IMPERIAL OFFICER comes up to ADMIRAL D'ALLA and says:

OFFICER: Admiral, the Falcon has given away her position. She is right by us. Were we not also cloaked, she would not be so close to the range of our tractor beam.

SC 104 INT. LUCK OF THE DRAW - COCKPIT

KOLAP: Where'd that blast come from?!

LUMPY: (barks excitedly)

KOLAP HU: What? Chewie told you the Falcon has a cloaking device now? Hey, my scanners show that there is a tractor beam bringing something in right where that TIE blew up and we're caught in it too. I have a bad feeling about this.

SC 105 EXT. SPACE

The SHADOW AND FLAME-like vessels are starting to try to break the lines surrounding the MEDICAL FRIGATES. As more and more LARGE RESISTANCE SHIPS go down in flames many others bravely go to replace them as snub fighters try to reduce the numbers of the heavily-armored and shielded SHADOW AND FLAME-like vessels.(edited)

It also seems like a losing battle

SC 106 INT. ADJUCTATOR II MAIN HANGAR BAY

PA SYSTEM: Millenium Falcon and unnamed Correllian Freighter. Prepare to be boarded immediately.

SC 107 INT. MILLENIUM FALCON- HALLWAY

As LANDO and BEN place the SKYWALKER-SOLO children in the smuggling panels, BEN says:

BEN: Stay completely silent. When you haven't heard any footsteps for one hour you may come out. Then stay in the ship and don't go anywhere near the cockpit. Understood?

SARA AND LUKE: Yes, papa.

SC 108 INT. ADJUCTATOR II- HANGAR BAY

IMPERIAL OFFICERS AND STORMTROOPERS approach the MAIN DOOR of the FALCON, which opens, to reveal C-3PO.

3PO: Oh, my! Pardon me.

3PO walks down the ramp slowly, passing the officers and troops, and going to the left of them.

Then the group is thrown into utter confusion when out comes LANDO and CHEWIE blasting away at them with their GUN and BOWCASTER, and BEN, chopping them through and beheading the stormtroopers with his LIGHTSABER.

Meanwhile guns from the LUCK OF THE DRAW have opened fire on officer and trooper alike, also taking out positions all around the hangar bay. Confusion and chaos ensue. Guns from above the hangar, poised to destroy the two ships, have already been taken out by KOLAP HU and LUMPY, not taking any chances.

SMOKE and DEAD BODIES fill the hangar Bay, and 3PO stands there in bewilderment, observing the carnage.

LUMPY AND HU exit the ship, and LUMPY and CHEWIE run to embrace each other. But the reunion is short-lived, for over yonder stormtroopers are setting up line upon line of laser cannons, and CHEWIE, LANDO, LUMPY with his BOWCASTER, and HU work to take them all out before they are fully set up. A few are able to fire back but BEN deflects all the blasts back at them.

HU: I didn't want to get into all this, but Lumpy has a crazy idea that just might work and if we can pull it off this whole battle will be over. We need to get to the control room.

LANDO: I've been inside a Super Star Destroyer before. Follow me!

SC 109 EXT. SPACE OVER BESPIN

The intense space battle continues. More Star Destroyers go down and so do more Large Restistance ships.

SC 110 INT. ADJUDICATOR II-HALLWAY-SPACE

With Lando in the lead, LUMPY hot wires a door open. Just inside is an imperial officer, whom Ben slashes, then spins and slashes two stormtroopers, then as the rest blast away at more officers and troops, BEN deflects their blaster bolts, and slashes more troops and officers and slams them over and over into the ceiling and against the walls with the Force, and using Force Choke on many, and Force crush on the many Generation 4 Dark Troopers, and slashing some of them into pieces or in half, some crossways, some vertically down the middle. His Excalibur-style orange blade with two deadly orange cross guard beams flashes furiously, making short work of each foe the others do not blast. They make their way forward swiftly.

Then, hallway cleared, BEN cuts a quick hole through the metal to their left, and they all go through into an empty hallway, then rush forward and Lumpy hot wires another door open. There is no one on the other side.

LANDO grins.

LANDO: You're making this too easy.

BEN: Jedi should only kill when they need to, Lando. Now we mustn't try the turbolifts, they control them.

He throws his Saber up to the ceiling and it cuts a round hole. He takes a smoke bomb from his utility belt and throws it up to the next level. Then, starting with LANDO, he uses the Force to lift each member of their group up to the next level except LUMPY, then leaps up as LANDO and the others blast their way forwards, then BEN lifts LUMPY up with the Force, and he grabs the edge of the upper floor, pulls himself up, and clambers onto it to join the others.

SC 111 EXT. SPACE

The RESISTANCE is running out of LARGE SHIPS to hold the lines protecting the Medical Frigates. In fact, even the SNUB fighters, though there are hundreds left, they started out in the thousands.

SC 112 INT. VICTOR'S ARM-BRIDGE-SPACE

ACKBAR: HOLD THOSE LINES! Silver Group, protect those Three B-wing squadrons at mark 873!

SC 113 INT. RIC OLLIE'S COCKPIT-SPACE

OLLIE finds his target, lines up and fires two proton torpedoes that tear through three TIE FIGHTERS.

OLLIE: That's for Hoth, and Cloud City and Alderaan!

He finds another target and blasts it out of the sky.

OLLIE (CONT'D): That's for Luke Skywalker.

He incinerates a third target.

OLLIE (CONT'D): And THAT'S for Han and Leia!

SC 114 EXT SPACE

The dogfighting continues.

SC 115 -INT. ADJUDICATOR II - BRIDGE-SPACE

D'ALLA kneels before a hologram of PALPATINE

D'ALLA: We captured TWO ships, and the inhabitants of both are giving us problems.

PALPATINE: The two parties are headed for your control room. Once they are there, lock them in and flood the room with dioxins. But make it very difficult for them to get there.

D'ALLA: Yes, Excellency.

The hologram fades.

OFFICER RIK'LA: You didn't tell him one of them is a Jedi.

D'ALLA: I don't want to risk Palpatines's ire if he knew that I had let a Jedi aboard this vessel. Besides, that Jedi is only a man, and men can die.

SC 116 INT ADJUDICATOR II-TURBOLIFT SHAFT-SPACE

As LANDO leads the way, the HEROES use their SANCTION GUNS to SCALE the WALLS of the SHAFT, as BEN uses the FORCE to lift LUMPY swiftly upwards to the group, and they are fired upon by COUNTLESS DEADLY LASERS fired by VARIOUS TYPES OF IMPERIALS, which BEN also uses the FORCE to deflect back at them, taking out many as BODIES fall down the ENDLESS SHAFT BELOW. Ben nearly loses concentration and ALMOST DROPS LUMPY, but REGAINS HIS JEDI FOCUS after LUMPY takes a SMALL HEAD OVER HEELS TUMBLE, BEN FORCE GRABS HIM ONCE MORE AND LIFTS HIM WITH the FORCE the rest of the way up.

SC 117 INT. ADJUDICATOR II-SUPPLY ROOM-SPACE

A saber blade comes swiftly through a door and makes a quick arc. The door comes flying in towards us.

The crews of the FALCON and DRAW go inside the room and BEN rifles through supply crates until he finds FIVE OXYGEN TANKS WITH BREATHING MASKS, which he has each strap to his back.

BEN: I have a feeling we'll be needing these soon. Okay, let's roll.

As they go down a hallway, slicing down barriers and finding ways past RAY SHIELDS, and disposing of the occasional TROOPER or OFFICER, BATTLE DROID SQUAD and MANY DARKTROOPER BRIGADES and circumventing MINI STORMTROOPER DIVISIONS wherever possible, LUMPY makes noises to LANDO, which LANDO understands perfectly.

LANDO: A tiny, tiny component has to be destroyed externally for our plan to work and you JUST NOW remembered, Lumpy? Okay, I have to send a message with my comlink to Rey. She can take care of something that delicate. But my message will be picked up by anyone listening in on my comlink channel. Too bad we didn't know of this plan when we were still out there in space. I didn't even know we were going to be aboard this Destroyer, or that I would see YOU. Ok, I'll make the transmission now.

SC 118 INT. ADJUCTATOR II SECONDARY HANGAR BAY

D'ALLA and a group of IMPERIAL PILOTS walk between parked TIEs.

D'ALLA: I'll handle this Jedi Master personally. Man your ships. We are one of the Emporer's elite squadrons. Victory is ours!

Brent Sohlden — 11/26/2020

SC 119 INT. ADJUCTATOR II- CONTROL ROOM

The door is sliced open, but the blast doors are coming down. Bodies of officers litter the floor. The heroes don their masks as the dioxins flood in.

LUMPY uses a computer kit to interface with the Ship's onboard computer mainframe. Then he takes out a disk, which he inserts into a slot, and gets to work. He barks to LANDO.

LANDO: (To comm link): Now, in five minutes you will see red and green sparks. A short laser burst at a 45 degree angle right where you see the sparks will disable not only the ship, but every single imperial fleet, not only the destroyers, but the TIE's too. They won't be operable for another year or two.

REY (V.O.): That's great but TEN SHIPS TO MY LEFT JUST EXPLODED INTO FIREBALLS, AND TWO TO MY RIGHT! ROYAL SQUADRON I NEED YOUR HELP! BLUE SQUADRON, YOU TOO!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  6. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    SC 120 EXT. SPACE

The MEDICAL FRIGATES are coming close to being breached. ADMIRAL AKBAR'S SHIP looks on in horror at what might happen. A SHADOW AND FLAME-like vessel takes aim at the VICTOR'S ARM.

SC 121 INT. POE DAMERON'S X-WING -POE'S POV

POE: Oh, no you don't!

SC 122 EXT SPACE

POE sends two proton torpedoes which shred through the SHADOW AND FLAME-like vessel's hull just as it is about to fire.

SC 123 INT. POE'S X-WING COCKPIT

AKBAR(V.O.): Thanks, Red leader.

ARTOO: (Beeps)

SC 124 EXT SPACE

ARTOO is currently fixing some parts on POE'S X-WING. He welds some things together.

SC 125 INT COCKPIT-POE'S X-WING

POE: Artoo, you've been invaluable. I couldn't have done any of this without you.

REY(V.O.): Come to mark 325, Red leader! Take your squadron and draw away some of these TIES! They're kicking our tails! Blue squadron is dropping like flies! There are only five left, seven of Royal and just two of my Crimson besides me. White has nearly all survived. But we've taken heavy damage and White- 8's R4 unit has been blasted in half!(edited)

POE: I'll be there right away! Painted Sky squadron, cover me!

SC 126 EXT SPACE

The two new squadrons come in out of Bespin it seems and drive the TIE's to distraction harassing and destroying them one by one, sometimes two by two.

SC 127 INT. D'ALLA's MODIFIED TIE

We see back of D'ALLA'S head as she prepares to destroy REY'S ship.

SC 128 EXT. SPACE

FINN and POE suddenly come upon both sides of D'ALLA'S ship and fire upon it, flying in tandem with cockpits facing each other. POE passes UNDER it, and FINN passes OVER it, and they give each other a big THUMB'S UP, and A GRIN. D'ALLA'S SHIP sparks a flame, causing it to rocket upward, away from REY.

FINN: Time to sparkle, girl!

POE: Make sparks fly!

Two sparks, GREEN AND RED, appear. REY shoots her lasers with the precision of a Force user. Suddenly a HUGE STAR DESTROYER decloaks beneath them, and all around them the other TIES suddenly stop flying, floating dead in space.

SC 129 INT. ADJUCTATOR II-CONTROL ROOM

All the lights go out as BEN painstakingly cuts his way through the thick blast doors. Other than the light immediately around his Saber, all is dark.

SC 130 INT. ADJUCTATOR II-HALLWAY

All is black.

Then we see molten orange and the tip of a Sabre blade as we see chunks of blast door falling to the floor in the dark

Blast bolts shoot through the hole from our POV but are deflected back to us, and bodies fall forward, some officers, male and female, some troops, also falling forward from our POV, their backs facing us. Finally, the entire "new door" is cut and with Griff in the lead, our heroes come towards us, down the hallway, deflecting more blaster bolts towards us and blasting towards us, and with more bodies falling from our POV, backs towards us.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  7. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    CUT TO
    SC 131 INT-ADJUDICATOR II-HALLWAY

Overhead shot of BEN in the lead, very dark, barely lit up by Sabre blade and blaster bolt, and our heroes stepping over bodies and reaching the next door.

SC 132 INT. ADJUCTATOR II-MAIN HANGAR BAY

BEN: GET TO YOUR SHIPS. RUN! RUN!

As BEN deflects blaster fire and stops myriads of blaster bolts in their tracks, sending them back to the cannons, but still many blaster bolts get through, causing a maelstrom all about, our heroes hop and leap over dead bodies, running a gauntlet to get aboard the DRAW and the FALCON, almost in COMPLETE DARKNESS.

ON THE WAY, LUMPY trips and tumbles over the body of a STORMPTROOPER, but his father CHEWIE, fires his bowcaster all around where he fell, protecting him and escorting him aboard the LUCK OF THE DRAW. KOLAP HU is already aboard. Guns from the DRAW start to blow the Imperial Gun Cannons away.

The rest race aboard the FALCON. Its guns too start to wreak havok all over. C-3PO climbs on board.

C-3PO: Wait for me!

SC 132 INT MILLENNIUM FALCON-COCKPIT

LANDO man's the PILOT seat, and BEN the co-pilot's. The MAN and TWI'LEK WOMAN who had been the OTHER TWO GUNNERS come into the cockpit.

MAN: The children were well-behaved. They must have a good father.

BEN: Well, me and Rey try our best. Sometimes they CAN be a handful. Strap in, we're jumping to lightspeed from this hangar. Lando, set course for Coruscant. I think Chewy and Lumpy are going to Kashyyk for a while, and I'll contact my wife and the others when we're on Coruscant. This battle is over.

(Note: Unlike Mace Windu's pronunciation of Kashyyk, Kash-eek, in Episode III, here it is pronounced Ka-zook, following the 1978 Holiday Special Pronounciation.-BLSKJ"study3600"V)

SC 133 INT ADJUDICATOR II MAIN HANGAR BAY

The Millennium Falcon turns around and faces the hangar door so it is pointing down, the screen reorients so we are looking out at empty space, then sky shifts into CAVE-I enhanced mottled sky of a hyperspace lane, and we hear uproarious original John Williams scoring as we follow fast the Millennium Falcon on its way to Coruscant.

FADE OUT

END CREDITS

Next: Episode XIV: The Resistance Strikes Back

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...strikes-back-spoilers.50056332/#post-57473995

[Thread is now open to comment. Watch for Episode 14: The Resistance Strikes Back coming soon, today.
    ICAVE can be renamed CAVE-I to clear up any potential legal issues. Computer Aided Visual Effects-Innovations.]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  8. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    dp

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  9. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    tp

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021