main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The rangers of the new Republic is going to be an ongoing show. My guess is that this major event is going to take place in season 5 of Mandalorian

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  2. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    The quality of the Mandalorian has been so good that it has felt like an event to me. Just an event that I am able to have every week for eight weeks each time [face_laugh]

Bor Mullet and DarthKreVass like this.
  3. Flyer75

Flyer75 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2015
    I agree, i would have hoped with a Bad Batch trailer that we would already have a release date for it. I'm thinking Feb-March 2021 so that will be the next show but Disney has to stay ahead of the game and keep fans informed.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think we’ll get dates announced for any of these shows if I am being honest

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    That's pretty vague?
    I mean, surely we will get dates for these shows eventually, even if it's a year from now.
    I don't expect to announce dates but they need to announce more info soonish.
    Especially after the Book Of Boba Fett ninja announcement.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I meant not anytime soon. Like I don’t expect to get dates for any of the other show until Mando season 3 wraps

7. Flyer75

Flyer75 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2015
    No dates for any other show??? Bad Batch is most likely coming out well before Mando S3.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Except bad batch I expect that to have a date within the next 2 weeks but I mean for all the new shows

9. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    So...

Yep, probably Mace Windu.

And by probably I mean hopefully.

And Jon Favreau has worked with Samuel L. Jackson over at Marvel. And so have him save Grogu, and then do a young Mace Windu show.

And Daniel Richtman (his "stage name," alter ego) brought us the original rumor/scoop...
    ...so yep, he may know more than he's letting on, and me wants a Maceo show.

And in my idea for a young Mace Windu show I figured they could easily spread it out over three seasons. Thinking about it again, they would probably just do an "event series" or whatever. Nine or ten episodes, maybe. And Rick Famuyiwa may want to do it. Deborah Chow to Obi-Wan, and Rick Famuyiwa to Maceo, maybe.

Overall though I don't imagine there's that huge of a demand for Mace Windu, young or old, but anything is possible.

10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Did the “Are you ready for the Marvelization of Star Wars” thread get deleted or merged?

11. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Problem with that is Mace Windu was dead by the time Order 66 was triggered.

RetropME and cerealbox like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No just scroll down a bit it’s still there

cerealbox likes this.
  13. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Unless he survived his fall...

(I'm kidding, I think we've had enough "dead" characters return in Star Wars already)

kalzeth and Miles Lodson like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Mandalorian being the main culprit in volume at least

15. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    Perhaps, but as far as Star Wars bringing characters back, I have far more issues with Palpatine returning than Maul although. With that said, I feel like Fett surviving was far more acceptable (and honestly expected) than both and I never believed Fennec was dead to begin with.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Mandalorian has brought back 3 characters Bib, Boba and Fennec although I never expected Fennec to be dead

17. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    Bib was a slimeball, it is not hard at all to believe he ran away the second the fighting started on the barge. But yes, I suppose he was thought dead up until Chapter 16.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I could be wrong, but did Bib Fortuna not do a runner before the barge blew up in Legends?

RetropME likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not even thought dead on the official Star Wars website on his databank page he was listed as dead.

RetropME likes this.
  20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I believe Legends (prior continuity) did have him survive the barge, and had run arrive to survive.

RetropME likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep Legends he survived as well

kalzeth, cerealbox and RetropME like this.
  22. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    TROS brought back Palpy, Chewie, C3PO, Rey, and Kylo Ren (twice!) from the dead. In one film, so I think it holds the record.

RetropME likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Forgot about Rey. Kylo wasn’t brought back from anything. Falling down a pit for 1 minute doesn’t count and Chewie “died” not really as it was a fake out. I will admit though that Rey and Palpatine are 2

C3PO I am a bit iffy on

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  24. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    Rey healed Kylo from certain death after stabbing him through the heart.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was stabbed in the stomach. It probably would have been fatal but it wasn’t plus he never died. Rey did. There is a difference.