main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run 2024 | 12 Weeks, 11 Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for a fantastic Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Jan 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  2. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    amidalachick, Kahara, Kit' and 6 others like this.
  3. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Week 9 & 10 are up! Just the last one left. [face_praying] Once i get finished there, I can finally dive into reading these fascinating looking entries! :)

Laments - Kessel Run challenge 2024

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  4. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    And here is Week 11/12 (the long vignette):

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...el-run-challenge-2024.50059976/#post-58827076

In my long vignette, both Lisa and Kristin do respond to one another, like some kind of pen pal thing. Lisa ends it by giving Kristin (who goes by Krissy) her email address in case she runs into another "monster" and needs the help of a Winchester once again.

That was fun! Like I mentioned before, it's a good thing I have many different fandoms, since the only prompt I had trouble with was the second one (since none of my characters are that secretive, or at least not to the extent that I was getting from the prompt). Just a note that if I use Marida for any of next year's prompts, she will be paired with Thorin, not Owen (since the "alternate" timeline no longer exists, so her "marriage" to him is no longer valid, but her marriage to Thorin still is, since they were still married when she first came across the time portal in the abandoned section of Erebor). If I use Owen, he'll be paired with Claire (so back to movie canon in this particular case) and I might include their adopted daughter, Maisie Lockwood.

5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    My long vignette is posted. Thanks muchly for another very enjoyable KR! :D

6. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
  7. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Long vignette is done. Time to sleep study now!

[​IMG]

8. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Yay, congrats on finishing the challenge! =D=

You're very welcome! Glad you enjoyed the challenge, and good luck finishing up your final entry! :D

Congratulations on finishing your Run! =D=

Thank you for participating in the challenge! I'm thrilled that you liked the prompts and enjoyed writing for them! :D

Awesome start, good luck finishing your final entry! :)

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! =D=

You're very welcome, and congrats on completing your final entry! :D

Great work playing catch-up these last couple weeks, and thank you for participating in the challenge! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D

Yay! Congratulations on finishing your Run yet again! :D (That's going to be me on Tuesday morning, for sure. :p)

All right, guys, we have a little over two full days remaining until our deadline! Many final entries have come in, but we still have a several people working on theirs, so let's keep at it and see what we can get done in these next two days! And remember that however you end this thing, you've all done fantastic work and should be so proud of yourselves. [:D]

See you all on the other side! [face_batting]

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I finished! The second half of the friendmance of two quartermasters is posted. Thanks to everyone who ran this.

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    That would be Vi ;)

And that would be me :p Let's see how fast I can write in the next couple of days :p

Great job keeping up with this amazing challenge, everyone! [face_party]

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    She has hosted a perfect Kessel Run

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    As my eleventh and final story for this year’s run, I am proud to present:

In You the Roses Speak

It incorporates elements from a few other earlier challenges in an ad-hoc way: my OTP #32 Baci Chocolate Quotes and @ViariSkywalker ’s own Angstober 2023. Vi, whether you’re willing to count it for that one, too, is completely up to you! And thank you so much once again, ma’am, for all the amazing work you put in to sharing this stimulating and truly challenging challenge with us. =D=

14. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    And my vignette is up: Better Together

[​IMG]

Vi, thank you so much for this practically perfect in every way challenge you were clever enough to come up with and are crazy enough to run annually :p I know how very much time and effort you put into this long before any of us even sign up, and how you continue to do all that extra work even while writing your own prompts alongside us. I could never pull that off, but you make it look easy, and you deserve all the kudos [:D]

[​IMG]

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Mission accomplished!! My long vignette is done and has been posted. :D

All That Needs Saying

Massive thanks to @ViariSkywalker for all of your hard work in creating and hosting this amazing challenge. =D= It truly was a challenge this year, but extremely fun and satisfying. :D

16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Just checking in to say that I finished posting my week 12 story. I'll be back with more thanks for Vi later [:D]

17. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

I too am happy to share that I've finished my long vignette with In the Gravity of You. [face_love]

The same as with the last two years, I can't thank you enough, @ViariSkywalker, for the time, thought, and effort you put into running this challenge. The Kessel Run is truly something unique out of all the challenges on the boards. I love how it pushes me out of my comfort zone and forces me to flex writing muscles that I didn't even know I had (and a few that I didn't want to exercise to begin with, in all honesty :p) - even when doing so hurt for the effort of creation. I learn so much about myself as an author each and every time I embark on this challenge, and I'm truly proud of all of the stories that I wouldn't have ever thought to write otherwise - just as I love reading the stories from my fellow participants who are inspired in a similar such manner! This is a special challenge, and I thank you again for that with a hearty three cheers and a most exuberant round of applause. I can't wait to meet you back here again next year! [face_love] =D= [:D]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was just telling someone that I’m no longer writing with a sense of anxiety thanks to this challenge. I’m proud of everyone who wrote so much as part of this and I will be using my good mood to review a lot.

21. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    [​IMG]
    Me, making my way through the flurry of long vignette posts... :p

And all the best to anyone still working on their last fic; you can do it! :D

22. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Gah, posted my final vig with less than two minutes to spare: Message Received [face_relieved]

That's it for this year's Kessel Run! Entries are closed, and I will be back to wrap things up properly and do actual replies within the next day or two (I'm a bit slammed tomorrow, so I'll do my best, but if you don't see the official wrap-up post tomorrow, it'll be Wednesday). Until then, congratulations and well done to everyone who participated! You guys are amazing! =D= [face_party]

Kit', amidalachick, Thumper09 and 8 others like this.
  23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Way to go! Thanks again.

24. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

Once again, a huge thank you to @ViariSkywalker for hosting this and for all the work you put into it! =D=[:D]

Congratulations and a big round of applause to all the participants for all the amazing stories over the past few months. [face_love]=D=[face_party]

25. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    First, some replies, and then we'll get to the wrap-up in the next post!

Awesome, congratulations on finishing your first Run! :D

That's amazing, I can't tell you how happy I am that this challenge benefited you in that way! [face_love]

Aw, thank you! And you're very welcome; I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge! ;)

[face_blush] I'm so glad you've enjoyed it! :D

Yay, so glad to see you finished your Run! Congratulations! =D= (And I will definitely count that toward the Angstober challenge! I'll get that added to the index asap!) Thank you for participating yet again and for always being so supportive of the KR! I'm glad you enjoyed it! [:D]

Aw yeah, congratulations on completing your final vignette! :D

Thank you, dearest, I'm just so pleased that you've gotten as much out of this challenge as you have, and that it still works even on its third go-round! :p Thanks for all your encouragement and support throughout! [face_love] [:D]

Yay, congrats on finishing your final vignette! =D=

Aw, you're very welcome! I'm thrilled that you had fun with it, and thank you for participating! [face_love]

Awesome work! Congratulations on finishing your Run! :D

Congratulations on finishing your final entry! =D= It was great to have you participating again, and thank you for the idea to do sestinas in the first place! [face_batting]

Great work and congratulations on finishing your Run! :D

[face_rofl] That's how I felt at midnight. :p Congrats on finishing your Run! :D

This all means more to me than you know. [face_love] Thank you for all the support and enthusiasm you've shown for this challenge, my friend. It is very, very much appreciated. :* [:D]

This post gave me such a needed laugh last night as I was frantically trying to finish my long vig, thank you for that! [face_laugh] [:D]

lolll, it wouldn't be the KR without this celebration gif! [face_laugh] [face_batting]

You're so welcome! Seeing you and everyone else finish the challenge every year makes it all worth it! [:D]