main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To be fair, the amount that fits between 22 BBY and 19 BBY, or 0 ABY and 1 ABY, let alone 3 ABY and 4 ABY, is insanity.

2. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    @Sinrebirth Yeah, especially 3 ABY to 4 ABY with the newer Canon comics that have been exploring that period for 4 years already, now add the stories from the comics in 1981-1984 and Shadows of the Empire and you end up with a rather busy year lol.

That said i like how One Canon provides a nice fix for the issue Legends had with Luke randomly having a Lightsaber before he built the green one, and i still don't think it's as ridiculous as 22 BBY.

Chrissonofpear2 and QuinlanSolo like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    22 BBY is only mess because they tried to fix it. When the Essential Readers Companion put Jedi Trial/Cestus Deception before The Clone Wars it did help, though... even if Anakin is everywhere in those seven weeks...

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Timeline is starting to push to around the six or seventh month now me thinks.

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    On the topic of overcrowded time periods I still kinda wish this thread hadn't died out - though at the same time I can't say I blame The2ndQuest in the slightest.

6. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2021
    It makes you laugh a bit, because it means that they literally didn't have a single moment to take a break. Is it any wonder Anakin fell to the Darkside? Dude was burnt out beyond belief.

7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Perhaps the Battle of Jakku and the Galactic Concordance could've happened in 5 ABY.

After Pestage ascended to the Throne, Mas Amedda became the new Grand Vizier to fill his seat. The Battle of Jakku was an absolute fiasco for Coruscant, but still far from the end. It definitely put a dent in Pestage's already crumbling reputation. Taking advantage of the situation, Amedda went to the New Republic without official approval. The rogue Grand Vizier offered an armistice that could preserve Imperial rule in the Core and end the war. The Ruling Council immediately stripped Amedda of all titles and positions, and called for his arrest. The Concordance ultimately went nowhere, but it was a major propaganda victory for the New Republic; many Imperial planets and units surrendered on account of the proposal. The Republic kept Amedda in the fold as part of a potential government for a disarmed Empire, but this plan never materialized.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    Sinrebirth and Kadar Ordo like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I debated that initially but Luke, Leia and Han dying in 34-35 ABY messed with Dark Nest, LotF and FotJ. :(

SpecForce Trooper and Golbolco like this.
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'd call that a plus. :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There was once a theory that Jacen during his sojourn turned time away from the Disney timeline and towards the LotF one, mind you. Disney being the BAD timeline where Allana falls to the dark side; Legends being the timeline Abeloth escapes in.

SWpants likes this.
  11. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Speaking of which, one thing i like from One Canon above Canon is Luke and Leia's ages at the time of their death, i personally don't subscribe to the idea of compressing the time jump between DNT and LOTF (to keep Ben Skywalker as a teenager), so in my view the ST era starts after 45 ABY, making Luke and Leia closer to their actors' ages.

Mark and Carrie sure don't look 53 in TLJ.

Sure this makes Kylo, Rey and Finn a bit older, but i think it's fine, there's not much difference between 20 and 24.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Meanwhile Poe gets older and older.

Between Poe, Ben Skywalker and Allana it’s a pain.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    Chrissonofpear2 likes this.
  13. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2021
    If the biggest issue with the One Canon is people's ages being stretched by a few years, I'd say this whole thing is in better shape than it has any right to be.

14. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  15. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Darth Tenebrous confirmed????? :eek:

@Sinrebirth I mean nothing's stopping the Peace Brigade to put him on carbonite early in the war, and only be rescued 20 years later...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    QuinlanSolo and HMTE like this.
  16. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2021
    Not getting my hopes up, buuuut...
    I mean, the hand holding the red saber was pretty grey.

17. acbagel

acbagel Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2023
    What's the explanation for Boba Fett's post-RotJ whereabouts in One Canon? Canon Book of Boba Fett depicts him with the Tusken raiders for years without his armor and going through the whole Daimyo arc on Tatooine without ever leaving the planet. Yet, Legends does not follow this at all, especially with the merged placement of Mandalorian where we currently have it slotted.

18. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Drengir are in SWTOR MMO now!

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

MercenaryAce and QuinlanSolo like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Pardon!?

Dream-Thinker and MercenaryAce like this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
  21. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    A combination of multiple escapes from the sarlacc, multiple suits of armor, and impersonators (e.g., Jodo Kast). Will try to sketch out fuller response soon.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    QuinlanSolo, ColeFardreamer and HMTE like this.
  23. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2021
    Alright, which one of you is secretly working on the SWTOR development team? Don't be shy, raise your hand.

24. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    You'd have to remind me more of what Moff Kalast got up to?

I remember the Karinne, but for EaW I mainly focused on the Rebel campaign, for integrating it with other (now Legends) Alliance lore.
    For example - Ackbar gets rescued from near Eriadu, by Y-Wings, per my headcanon - and then went undercover to obtain more info, from the Corulag (?) space station. Then an unspecified smuggler or agent (need not be Han, per se) raids Carida to get more info, and so on. All of that occurs at least one year BBY, for me, followed by a time jump.
    Death Star plans related lore of course, often remains the most unwieldly.

As for Ahsoka, et al - I cannot realistically see it being much prior 10 or 11 ABY, currently.

25. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    32 BBY - Bl

Notes:

*Jedi Lost explicitly says Dooku is in his 50's during the flashback where he takes in Qui-Gon, but this is a straight-up mistake, as it would either contradict the Canon date for Qui-Gon's apprenticeship or make Dooku 100 years old when AOTC happens if it's taken at face value, which is obviously not the case.

**For this timeline, i'm ignoring the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia date that is given to Miro Daroon (who is direclty said to be a year older than Xanatos), i still retain Xanatos being 3 when Qui-Gon found him, as Lord Crion in the story says Xanatos trained to be a Jedi for 13 years in Jedi: The Dark Side, and Xanatos being 16 when he turns to the Dark Side, but we have to change his birth year from 69 BBY to 66 BBY to make way for the Canon sources, plus, Xanatos was never given a direct birth date, it was merely extrapolated from Miro's, who was also not given a concrete age in the stories themselves, so if we simply ignore the encyclopedia's date for Miro everything else fits, this in turn changes the date for Jedi: The Dark Side fromt the pure Legends timeline, by 2 years.

***My placement for Dooku's inclusion to the council this year is due to the fact that we have a concrete date for when he leaves to Serenno, which is 42 BBY, which is right in the middle of Jedi Apprentice, given that Dooku and Obi-Wan never met in person before Attack of the Clones, they must not meet during the council sessions while Obi-Wan is Qui-Gon's padawan, while it is reasonable that Dooku's more active approach as well as Qui-Gon's own distance from the council could explain why they never run into each other, it is best to minimize the probability of them meeting at any point, this way, Dooku is accepted into the council well after The Shattered Peace (44 BBY) and leaves the council prior to The Ties That Bind (41 BBY)

****The year where Sifo-Dyas is expelled from the council was never detailed, but given that the Jedi Council are the protagonists of Acts of War (which is in 34 BBY), and Syfo is not in the council during the comic, i simply placed his removal from the council at the earliest point possible.

QuinlanSolo and HMTE like this.