main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Libbyjade2

Libbyjade2 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2022
    I’m looking for an older fic. Where Luke is on a mission and is attacked and left for dead under some rocks. Mara, heavily pregnant feels Luke's pain through their force bond and recruits Han, Leia and Chewie to conduct a search. Luke is eventually found in a very bad way with severe head injuries.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. Allen1121

Allen1121 Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2023
    Devil Edit: Spamming and soliciting are both against our site rules. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2023
  3. Jacen_Tahiri_Index

Jacen_Tahiri_Index Jedi Grand Master

Apr 27, 2003
    Hello everyone! It's AERYN_SUN. I''m still looking for a complete copy of my fanfic, The Kids Are Okay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to re-post my fanfics on my ao3.org account.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    Kahara likes this.
  4. AdmiralMakati1991

AdmiralMakati1991 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2023
    As the title says above, does anyone have fanfic recommendations that are solely EU/Legends compliant?
    Vhetin1138's White Snow Series, Handofthrawn45's stories and Cthuglu's Empire of Ashes are already under my list of EU compliant works, so I'm wondering if anyone else has Legends stories for me to add to this growing list

THANKS!

Mira Edit: Hello! We don't allow independent threads looking for stories, so I moved your post here, as this thread is designed for such questions. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2023
    DarthIshtar likes this.
  5. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @AdmiralMakati1991 Hello and welcome to the boards! You could have a look at the following indexes:

The Master Index of Fics is in dire need of an update (I'm working on that, but it takes time); however, the way it's organised now, you can safely assume that everything that's listed under 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 is Legends (the ST/Anthology film speculation stories are listed separately), and for 2016 you'll see that Legends and New Canon stories are listed again separately, at least for the Saga era.

Also, in the Prolific Writers' Index, writers can keep a list their stories and they specify which continuity they follow.

If you could be a bit more specific about your request (era, characters, genre) I'd be happy to provide more specific recommendations too.

7. AdmiralMakati1991

Apr 26, 2023

Hi there, yeah I’m strictly looking for Legends compliant fanfics only :) and Era doesn’t matter. Oh actually, the type of fics I’m looking for are more infantry/military based stories. I’d prefer one with OC’s but having main legends characters in them is fine, could be in any era too. (Sith wars, clone wars, rebellion period, new republic conflicts, etc)

Ah thanks! It doesn’t matter what era, but I do have a preference for Military/infantry based stories (for example, the republic commando series and the X-wing series), so stories similar to those from any era would be great!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2023
  8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @AdmiralMakati1991, I merged your posts together, as we don't allow double posting. In the future, please keep all your replies/comments to the same post. :)

But, that said, welcome to the boards! It's always great to see a Legends fan. :D

With the military-based criteria in mind, I recommend pretty much everything by @Thumper09. Integrum by Bel505 is particularly awesome, too. It's a meaty epic, with a complete sequel to boot. The latter is a slight AU, though. I'm not sure if you mean "compliant" in the strictest sense of the word or not.

If you don't mind Legends AUs, I also recommend @ViariSkywalker's epic Enter the Foreign and related collection of stores. She writes action scenes with the best of them, but her focus, first and foremost, is the characters. @Gabri_Jade also writes character-driven stories, and her Renewal and Reclamation novels are beyond fantastic. The latter, however, has some particularly awesome action-based plots. If you like the X-wing series, you're going to love both of these authors! Seriously, their work is so, so good.

Then, Ἀνάγκη – Necessity beyond sway, is an epic Thrawn/OC novel by @Chyntuck with a connected 'verse of stories. It's a drama/tragedy, and again, the characters are the primary focus, but there's a nice amount of action to enjoy, too. I recommend this story very highly!

9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @AdmiralMakati1991 Here are a few more resources, since @Mira_Jade got to my list of suggestions before I could type it up :p I'll just add X-Wing: Fleet Action by @JohnLydiaParker, which was posted recently. I haven't had time to read it yet, but it deals with Rogue Squadron during the Thrawn campaigns, so it should be right up your alley.

Now, resources:

There's a locked resource thread about military fanfic. If you scroll through it you'll find links to several stories about military themes.

Then, there are a number of very old, truncated threads that will send you to truncated fics, but that can still give you ideas of authors and stories you may want to go looking for:
    A Great Place to Die” - Fight Scene Location Thread (WBM link)
    Block, Parry, Strike! - How to use a lightsaber (WBM link)
    Block, Parry, Strike! - The lightsaber index and discussion thread (WBM link)
    T.A.C.T.I.C.S. = Thread for Advice and Criticism Towards Improving Combat Scenes (WBM link)
    Readin', 'Ritin', and Rough-housin' AKA Babbling About Action Writing
    P.O.D.R.A.C.E.: Posts Offering Directions for Races and Alike Chase Events
    Clone Story Index v2 (WBM link)
    Good Guys Wear White - The Clone Trooper Discussion Workshop (WBM link)
    A Clone Trooper and Clone Wars thread
    The DownTime Pilot Index 3.0 (WBM link)
    The DownTime Pilot Fic Index v 2.0 (WBM link)
    The New DownTime - Pilot Fic Index and Discussion Thread (WBM link)
    The Downtime Pilots Lounge – A Place for Writers of Rogue/Wraith/Other Squadrons

More generally, you'll find links to a million resource threads I didn't think about in the Fanfic Resource Index (which is also in dire need of an update, and which I'm also working on). Just bear in mind that any thread dating back to before March 2012 will be truncated because of a technical glitch that occured at the time. However, that doesn't mean that you should ignore those threads, because a lot of good info is still there, and even if the stories are truncated on the boards, you can probably find a complete version elsewhere.

10. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Whoops, just noticed I managed to pick one of the fics by Mechalich that aren't Legends. It's been a while since I read that series and it has a Legends flavor, to be fair. :p However, Operation Windstorm is Legends and military-focused.

The story by @Thumper09 that I had mentioned before is all civilians, but there are also a lot of squadron/military stories, both Canon and Legends. Survivor is a series of shorts about Myn Donos from Wraith Squadron.

Similarly, The Bull and the Bear is primarily a character piece though it is about General Grievous. However, The Cave by @rktho might be more up your alley since it's about two OC Kaleesh bounty hunters joining forces for a dangerous hunt.

You might also like some of @whiskers's stories such as From Ruins to Rebellion. And @Mira Grau has a bunch of adventure stories that center around the military in the Outer Rim during the Beyond the Saga era -- Into the Fire is a possible starting place for those. And I'd also recommend Dreg Squadron by @Mistress_Renata.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  11. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    If I am allowed speak on my own behalf with regard to recommendations (I know this is something of a faux pas), that little fic isn't going anywhere (several of the ideas in it were recycled into Children of the Many Paths). The military-focused Legends fic of mine that I would recommend is Ashes of Empire, about the fate of the Imperial Fleet following Byss, which contains a fairly extensive infantry (well, marine) action set piece.

12. AdmiralMakati1991

Apr 26, 2023
    Ik this’ asking for a lot, but I’m also lookin for some legends-eu compliant X-wing novels, can be one’s from the novels or entire OC X-wing squads. Heck, an A-wing story, Y-wing or B-wing story would sound wizard, anyone have recs for those? Thx! Also heavily appreciate the recs for the military fics, I’ll check them all o ur soon

Chyntuck, Kahara and whiskers like this.
  13. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Out of the Shadows by BaconHeadIthorian is a great squadfic set about 6 months after Yavin. It's mostly X-wings, but the main character flies an A-wing. It's a WIP that hasn't been updated recently, but I keep holding out hope that BHI will continue it. :)

For Y-wing stories, I always think of Y-wing: Behind Enemy Lines by @Thorn058 . Unfortunately I believe this is also a WIP that wasn't finished. I see Thorny around the boards every so often, so if you're interested, you might be able to see if he's got more to the story that wasn't posted.

I know I read a really good A-wing fic years ago with Pash Cracken. I'll see if I can remember its title and find it. (Edit: Pretty sure it's this one: We're Doomed by Jane Jinn.) I can't think of any B-wing-centric stories off the top of my head.

There are a lot of squadfics linked in the Downtime indexes that Chyntuck posted above, but since the indexes are older I imagine many of those stories will have the post truncation issue from the board's software move. I miss the Downtime threads.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  14. AdmiralMakati1991

Apr 26, 2023
    Desperately searching for this fic called “Affairs of the Empire” and “Lusankya” both written by “SithLadyJade” on fanfic.net

both the stories seemed to have disappeared from the face of that website. And it’s strange too because the author just recently came back and continued those stories before they were deleted. Does anyone know what happened to this story and if they have the archives for them?

Vialco and Kahara like this.
  15. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    I'm looking for a particular kind of fanfiction. But my situation is a bit complex, so I will try to explain it in the best way possible.

I'm trying to work on my Prequel fan edits. In my Prequel fan edits, Anakin is still rebellious and impulsive, especially in Attack of the Clones, but at the same time he's not as whiny as in the original movie. He's also not as dark as in the original Prequel Trilogy. In fact, I'm planning to avoid making him killing the younglings in Revenge of the Sith, and I have cut the scene in which he confesses his massacre of the Tuskens to Padmé. I have left the scene in which he gets crazy and kills everyone, but by cutting the confession scene in Attack of the Clones, everything can remain as vague as possible, and therefore we can assume that he only killed a few adult, male Tuskens, without having killed the entire village, nor women and children too.

In short, I'm trying to modify the Prequels in order to make Anakin the type of guy that's rebellious, impulsive and arrogant, but at the same time has a real, and clearly visible good side. I'm trying to preserve the original Anakin as much as possible, but at the same time I'm also trying to make him a bit more relatable and less dark (at least prior to Mustafar), so that his redemption in Return of the Jedi is much more convincing. Basically, I want to preserve the original spirit and essence of the Prequels, while cutting off the majority of the things that make some people say: "Anakin was a horrible person from the start and didn't deserve redemption at all."

Now, my problem is the following:

I'm tired of changing my opinion every time. Therefore, I have decided that I want to have a definitive and complete Star Wars personal Canon for every period. I want to have a definitive Star Wars universe, that lets me satisfied and doesn't need to change anymore. Like a sort of Biblical Canon, that remains the same and doesn't change anymore. As far as the Old Republic period is concerned, I take everything from the old Legends universe, and therefore that period of the Canon is already established and doesn't need to change anymore. However, the Prequel Era needs to be established, and since I'm gonna modify the Prequels, then I also need to find material that fits with my own, modified version of the Prequels. I obviously want to have some material between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, in order to cover the Clone Wars period. But I don't want to take TCW, because its depiction of Anakin is not aligned with what I want him to be. At the same time, I also don't want to take the original Clone Wars series of 2003, because it's too short and everyone is extremely overpowered. And I also don't want to take the Clone Wars run from Dark Horse, because in the Clone Wars Multimedia Project, Anakin is even whinier and darker than in Attack of the Clones.

Given that I can't rely on official material, the only solution is to rely on fan fictions and fan-written stories, so that I can have a sort of Fanon version of the Clone Wars Multimedia Project, so to speak. And since there are a lot of fanfictions on this forum, then I would like you to help me to find good material that can fit with my depiction of the Prequels and my own characterization of Anakin. I'd like to find fanfictions set during the Clone Wars that revolve around situations of war, battles, Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship, Anakin and Padmé's love, Anakin's knighthood, and the Clone Wars in general. I would like to find these kind of fanfictions, but I would also like these fanfictions to stand on their own, without being connected to TCW. I would like to find some material along these lines, so that I can establish a list of material that I like and can fit in between my fan edited versions of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, in order to cover the Clone Wars period and fill that part of my new, definitive personal Canon.

Can someone on here help me with this?

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I’m looking for an old fanfic that was posted here years ago: “Without You I'm Nothing”. It’s an old Jag/Jaina fic and I’m in a nostalgic mood. I’ve got the sequel saved on my drive from before the board migration in 2012 but I didn’t think to save the first one. Does anyone happen to have it saved anywhere?

17. NihlsBane

NihlsBane Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2023
    Welcome all. I was wondering if anyone remembers a story in which the Legends characters read their Wookiepedia files. It was set at the end of the Clone Wars if that helps. I think the story was called Reading Wookiepedia but it has been at least 15 years.

Also I love any stories where the Star Wars Characters watch the movies, TV series or read the Star Wars books. Please feel free to drop any of those story links for me. Thanks!

Force Smuggler and Findswoman like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember something like that

19. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sounds like some of the old awards ceremonies (maybe circa 2010???). Probably mostly from the old boards though...

(I remember something where Leia's kids were playing Leia's dancing video game? I feel like @FelsGoddess maybe wrote it, but I could be totally wrong.)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  20. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Any stories involving Bib Fortuna on the site?

21. NihlsBane

NihlsBane Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2023
    Not sure if this is the proper thread but I found an old story in a locked thread. I can read snippets of each chapter but not the whole chapter. Do I need to pull the story from an archive?

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is a common issue with the truncation. I’d see what you can find on archive.org with the URL.

23. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    This is one hell of an old fic but it's one I team wrote with someone on here years ago. It's a Palpy/Dooku fic where the two of them practically kill each other. It's been so long I don't even remember who I wrote it with. I think perhaps it was Persephone Kore? I wonder if it's even still here or if it got all cut up in the move.

*EDIT: Found it. the link is broken and it looks like it's long gone. It was with sabarte, not Persephone.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @LLL If you post the broken link I can get you a working one and possibly find a backup of the story on the Wayback Machine.

Kahara likes this.
  25. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    OMG, really??

Now I have to try to remember how the heck I ever found it in the first place ...

Chyntuck likes this.