main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Mini-Games Challenge (Now Open For NEW 2024 Challenges!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 15, 2020.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    For the Xena quote challenge by @Kit' I have posted Siri

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    @earlybird-obi-wan , with #1 you get Ord Mantell, where Han and Chewie ran into that bounty hunter. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    3 is still available and is a great piece of Uncle Iroh wisdom that perfectly captures his optimistic and resilient spirit. His ability to find the best in even the worst situations. The silver lining to every cloud.

"Good times become good memories, but bad times make good lessons."

And that is all the Uncle Iroh quotes claimed! Can't wait to see Uncle Iroh's wisdom inspire more amazing stories from this lovely collection of authors[:D]

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    @Kit' I wouldn`t mind taking number 4 in the Xena challenge and see what I can come up with. :)

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    The Women of Country Challenge

[​IMG]
    Country music, especially in the '90s and early '00s, has so many amazing women artists who've written and performed so many amazing songs. This roulette highlights just a few of my personal favorites. [face_love]

I think you all know how it works by now. :p Pick a number from 1 to 5 and I'll give you a country song by a female artist that you can use however you wish. I'm so excited to share some of my favorite music, and I can't wait to see what you all come up with! :D

Participants

1. @earlybird-obi-wan
    I Keep Looking by Sara Evans

2. @Thumper09
    Walking Away A Winner by Kathy Mattea

3. @devilinthedetails
    Top of the World by The Chicks

4. @Kahara
    You Can Feel Bad by Patty Loveless

Index

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @amidalachick I do love me some country music[face_dancing]

Can I have #3 pretty please? [face_batting]

7. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    @amidalachick , that's my favorite time frame for country songs. :) Could I please have #2?

8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    amidalachick and Mira_Jade like this.
  9. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Dream Theme Challenge

[​IMG]
    [Image description: a surreal pastel room in a narrow skyscraper-type building. All four walls are open to the sky with only pillars at each corner supporting the ceiling. Drapes at two ends of the room drift in the breeze and there are clouds moving by. A set of stairs or two leads down; it's hard to tell because there may be some M.C. Escher-type architecture.] *

Welcome to the Dream Theme Challenge -- time to grab your notebooks and sparkly gel pens! I-) Dream interpretation is possibly one of humanity's oldest and most cherished pastimes. There are as many unique dream experiences as there are dreamers, but there are common themes that appear over and over both from person to person and within one individual's dreamscape.

By the process of browsing through The Top 100 Dreams by Ian Wallace and reflecting on my own dreams, I've compiled a list of five themed prompts that will hopefully spark some dreamlike vibes for your writing! Your themes are, in keeping with the nature of dreams, very much up to your own interpretation. Each of the themes has a suggested prompt generator; these are just for extra inspiration if you want to use them and taking prompts from them is not required. Pick a number and I'll post the theme. :)

Index

1. @amidalachick
    3. @Raissa Baiard
    5. Anticipating Two Milestones by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

*GIF image by Yoojin Seol on Giphy​

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    OH! I love dream interpretation and that’s such a cool challenge idea!

@Kahara may I please have #1?

Also, I will be back to post the songs for the country challenge later!

Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    @Kahara …I shouldn’t….but I must! May I have #3 please?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_dancing]

@amidalachick :
    1: Missing Pieces: Something should be there that isn't. Lost items, lost pets, places and people that simply cannot be found without great effort. Sometimes these are things that could reasonably happen in real life, while other times the unreal nature of the dreamscape is part of the problem. (Ever try to find a bathroom with a door in your dreams?)

Try the Random Noun Generator if you wish for more ideas on what may be missing for your character(s): https://thestoryshack.com/tools/random-noun-generator/)

@Raissa Baiard
    3: How to Make Friends (or Not) and Be Influenced by Archetypes: Meeting a person who represents some fundamental theme or "type" of figure in their life for the character/dreamer (for example, the Wicked Stepmother/Heroic Prince/Damsel in Distress that you see in the Snow White and various other related fairytales are archetypes). This gets as in-depth as you want to go and if you want to look into the Jungian archetypes and various other theories on what archetypes exist in the human mind, that can definitely be a source of material (and also probably take some number of hours :p ).

Here is an archetype generator that includes many different kinds of character archetypes, some ancient and some pretty recent: https://perchance.org/201-archetypes

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @devilinthedetails You may absolutely have #3! :D

Your song is "Top of the World" by The Chicks.

YouTube
    Lyrics

@Thumper09 It's my favorite time frame for country too. Just so much great music! [face_love]

For #2 you get "Walking Away A Winner" by Kathy Mattea.

YouTube
    Lyrics

@Kahara #4 is all yours! :)

You've received "You Can Feel Bad" by Patty Loveless.

YouTube
    Lyrics

Thank you all for your interest in this challenge, and I'm so excited to see what these songs inspire! [face_dancing]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @amidalachick Oh, yay! I love The Chicks (still listen to them to this day), and Top of the World always made me emotional@};- So hopefully I can come up with a fanfic to do the song and challenge justice!

amidalachick, Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Sorry for the delay. It means I hadn't updated the challenge to say @vader_incarnate took 4, which means that there is only number 5 left.

So may I present you to number 5? I think it's got a lot of potential - "A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds tears for a moment, and then picks up her sword and fights again "

17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Should be able to work with that, thanks :)

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    For the Jane Austen quote challenge by @Mira_Jade I give you the first part of a story starring Count Dooku, padawan Qui-Gon Jinn and various OC's
    It is Pebble fun

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Continuing the three part story beginning in the Jane Austen Quote challenge with 'Pebble fun" I give you the second part in the Iroh quote challenge by @devilinthedetails .
    It is We have a mission

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    So sorry for the slow response on my end! I saw this on my cell phone days ago and made a mental note to update the challenge index when I was on my laptop (much easier for me to create links on my laptop) and then I forget about that mental note to self until I checked this thread again now. Whoops-a-daisy:oops:

Anyway, I am thrilled that an Uncle Iroh quote has inspired another excellent story and I have finally updated the index accordingly[face_dancing]

And for the Story Cube Challenge from @Raissa Baiard I have written a story for the Narnia fandom: Music, Beetles, and Love Necklaces

I am grateful as ever for this thread that continues to inspire stories that I never would have thought of otherwise[:D]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Perhaps a bit belatedly, I have the main index updated! Please feel free to correct me if I listed anything in error or remind me of anything I may have missed.

Then, especially with WIP Month coming up in September, I figured that I would mention that the following challenges still have selections available! As always, I can't wait to see what further challenges you fabulous folks have in mind next. [face_batting]
    :D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    @amidalachick may I have 1 for the women of country challenge?

amidalachick, Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  24. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Awesome! I added it to the challenge post index. Thanks for sharing! :D

For my own challenge response, I think I'm finally done with my background research for what I want to do. Now I just have to figure out how to write the silly thing. :p

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Kahara may I have #5 in Your Dreams Theme? :)

Kahara, amidalachick and Mira_Jade like this.