main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Mini-Games Challenge (Now Open For NEW 2024 Challenges!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 15, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The Islander, exquisite! =D=

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am so sorry to have completely missed this when I replied to Pandora! But I literally squeed out loud when I saw you sign up, because #1 is . . . well, it's my personal number one (and I suppose that my favorite song by my favorite band makes it my ultimate favorite song, at that) with the truly symphonic masterpiece that is Ghost Love Score.

We used to swim the same moonlight waters
    Oceans away from the wakeful day

My fall will be for you -
    My fall will be for you
    My love will be in you
    If you be the one to cut me
    I will bleed forever

Scent of the sea, before the waking of the world
    Brings me to thee
    Into the blue memory

My fall will be for you
    My love will be in you
    If you be the one to cut me
    I will bleed forever

... Into the blue memory

A siren from the deep, came to me
    Sang my name, my longing
    Still I write my songs, about that dream of mine
    Worth everything I may ever be

The Child will be born again
    That siren carried him to me
    First of them true loves
    Singing on the shoulders of an angel
    Without care for love ‘n loss

Bring me home or leave me be
    My love in the dark heart of the night
    I have lost the path before me
    The one behind will lead me

Take me
    Cure me
    Kill me
    Bring me home

Every way
    Every day
    Just another loop in the hangman’s noose

Take me
    Cure me
    Kill me
    Bring me home

Every way
    Every day
    I keep on watching us sleep

Relive the old sin of Adam and Eve
    Of you and me
    Forgive the adoring beast

Redeem me into childhood
    Show me myself without the shell
    Like the advent of May
    I’ll be there when you say
    Time to never hold our love

My fall will be for you
    My love will be in you
    You were the one to cut me
    So I’ll bleed forever

Here is the original pièce de résistance with Tarja.

And here it is live, in all its glory. (Would you believe that this is Floor's ENCORE song while touring? Yes, she is an actual celestial being, and this is one of those songs that you feel in your heart and bones when she hits those final notes.)

THAT SAID.

I was chatting with @ViariSkywalker - and she was kind enough to come up with a Nightwish prompt all for me as an ad hoc entry! So, perhaps somewhat fittingly, she suggested Ocean Soul. (I know, she's clever that way. :p) And I cannot wait to see what I can do with this song.

In return, I was all too happy to suggest a STARSET song (her own band of the heart) to supplement her previous STARSET Roulette. My song of choice for her was Unbecoming.

So, there you have it! Inspiration for everyone! [:D]

That's it for the "Ocean Soul" Challenge . . . but who has a Mini-Game to share next? [face_mischief] [face_batting] [:D]

3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Well, well, I wonder what I could do with this, hmm hmm hmm [face_batting]

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! SQUEE!

6. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    GAAAH!!! [face_hypnotized] [face_love] I'm going to have a hard time focusing on my other projects now that I've got this prompt on the brain. [face_thinking]

And excellent picks all around for this roulette; I've greatly enjoyed revisiting so many awesome songs. :D

There were so many amazing options to choose from, but with the name of the challenge, I couldn't resist picking that one for you. [face_batting] :*

yaaasss, gimme all the Chaos Twins vibes! [face_hypnotized] [face_mischief] (And thank you again! [:D])

[face_laugh] [face_mischief]

[face_dancing] ANGST! [face_dancing]

7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    AWW YEAH NIGHTWISH!!! [face_dancing] So much nostalgia for them, and those five songs are an excellent sampling. (Especially fond of "Nemo" from the rest of their catalogue; I think that's the first one I ever heard and the piano + electric guitar intro still just gets me every time. :D )

@devilinthedetails , I would love #4 for the Obi-Wan Kenobi Sass Master Challenge if it's still open! :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  8. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @ViariSkywalker: [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

The aftermath of my audition, in which I was cast as the Doctor between companions. Or one of my 17th century ancestors, male, just before he fell nose and teeth first into a puddle outside a Wiltshire pub. Not sure which.

You've been warned.

9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Kahara I am sorry but number 4 and all the other Sassy Obi-Wan quotes have been claimed. :(

10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  11. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    @Kahara - I love "Nemo"! It's probably my favorite of theirs! [face_love] (So far; I am admittedly still fairly new to Nightwish :p)

@Pandora - I love it! Full marks for that excellent headbanging hair. ;)

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    You know it [face_devil] [face_dancing]

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I just updated my little list of 2023-2024 mini-games that still have prompts available, so I thought I'd post it here for anyone who wants to go back in time and sign up. There are a couple for which the index hasn't been updated and I skimmed through the thread to check sign-ups; if I need to correct anything please let me know.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    NEMO, YES! You have absolutely excellent taste. [face_love] [face_mischief]

[face_rofl] [face_rofl]

I don't know what's more brilliant - your photo or this description! :p

Yay! I am so happy that inspiration hit you so quickly! I am adding this to the index now. :D [:D]

16. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @ViariSkywalker: Thanks! And I took that after some literal headbanging too--though I stopped before I headbanged too close to the sun. (As in, I did it a couple times and was then already so dizzy I had to stop.) But I figured that since I presently have the lioness mane fit for Finnish metal, I had better use it before I get sick of it and cut it down to a bob.

@Mira_Jade: I don't know what's more brilliant - your photo or this description! :p

All it needs now is the disco version of the Doctor Who theme song.

(Consider it done.)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mira_Jade and Chyntuck like this.
  23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  24. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks, @earlybird-obi-wan . I have added your story to the index.

@Findswoman : Yes, that is one really fascinating painting (and triptych), @Pandora ! I've set it as my desktop wallpaper at work so that I have it "on the eye" and can glean some inspiration from it as I go about my day. I didn't know anything about Varo before now, but looking around at her pieces I'm quite liking them; so many of them have an early-Northern-Renaissance look that I dig, as I have always been partial to that period of art history—some real Hieronymus Bosch vibes there. Thanks so much! :)

I had this feeling when you picked your number that you would like this one, so I'm glad to see it has been inspiring you--but not surprised. (Sometimes, the luck of the draw really is on one's side.) I agree about the early-Northern-Renaissance look in her work--especially in that drapery--and though I didn't see the Bosch vibes in particular, I can see what you mean now.

I look forward to seeing the resulting story!

@Gabri_Jade : I know very little about surrealist art, but I wondered if you'd have anything from Remedios Varo, Pandora. I'm fond of her Star Catcher and Star Maker paintings, and Embroidering the Earth's Mantle is another fascinating one.

As it happens, "Star Maker" was my first choice, but I decided--since Varo is the artist on my list who I'm the least familiar with--to look around a little first through her other works. That was how I found "Embroidering the Earth's Mantle", first the panel, and then the entire triptych: through a research jaunt on google. So it's completely new to me as well, and I'm glad I chanced upon it.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006