main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2023 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Mar 19, 2023.

1. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    The stadium is hushed in anticipation... and erupts with cheering as Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn enters the stadium and waves to the crowd. He approaches the bleachers where his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, is seated in the front row between Master Yoda and Master Windu. He shrugs off his robe-- "Hold this for me, would you, Obi-Wan?"-- to reveal a tank top and running shorts, and takes off at a light jog around the stadium, blowing kisses at the crowd as they scream themselves hoarse and shower him with roses.

A Twi'lek woman wearing a silkscreened t-shirt that says "Break Ur Vows 4 Me!" sprints onto the field and is tackled by security. As Qui-Gon passes by, he pauses to lay down one of his roses for her, and winks, causing her to faint.

Master Yoda harrumphs. "Enjoying this attention too much, he is."

Ten Reasons Why Qui-Gon Jinn Is Not On the Jedi Council

He takes his place at the starting line for the first event: the 100 Word Sprint.

"The Forbidden Texts"

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
  4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    It's the first day of the Summer Olympics, and already I'm behind on all the Olympic reading I want to do, but that is a wonderful problem to have[face_love]

Excellent to see so many Summer Olympics stories posted already[face_dancing]

I've added everyone's entries to the index on the first page, and I can't wait to get started reading them.

As for me, I've started some of my Olympic entries as well:

My Jocasta Nu Pentathlon: Budding Archivist

My Caspian (Narnia) Pentathlon: Tales of Majesty and Stardust

My Zuko and Piandao (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Pentathlon: The Way of the Sword

Keep producing magnificent content faster than I can read it, everyone!;)

You're all the best[:D]

Kahara, pronker, gizkaspice and 6 others like this.
  6. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    Kahara, pronker, gizkaspice and 6 others like this.
  7. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Kahara, pronker, gizkaspice and 7 others like this.
  8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    At an announcement in Taiald, the delegation from Alderaan arrives. Breha and Bail march behind Princess Leia, their standard-bearer. DarthIshtar has hire Rieekan as security because it's a mortal sin not to have General Rieekan around.

"Our delegation will be competing in the triathlon with Bail and Breha Organa and in the decathlon with a focus on our daughter and her twin brother," Queen Breha announces.

Heavy the Head (Bail/Breha Triathlon) (https://boards.theforce.net/threads...athlon-for-the-summer-2023-olympics.50059244/) has one entry so far, named "Given in Love." It is a response to the AU Archery challenge.

We Shall All Hang Separately, Luke and Leia's decathlon, has begun at https://boards.theforce.net/threads...-summer-2023-olympics.50059243/#post-58527772 with "Intensive Care." It represents the 100 Word Sprint.

"Brigad," the Alderaanians say before taking their seats in the stands.

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The crowd is a little puzzled when a motley assortment of characters from two different 'verses make their entrance, carrying a banner that reads Song of Fate. Somewhere in the bleachers, a teary-eyed Chyntuck gives @Mira_Jade a big hug. "Thanks so much for letting me play in your sandbox! Ἀνάγκη meeting the Song!verse is everything I could have wished for."

But there is no time for emotion, as Ayesha and Jesse step forward to compete in the 100 Word Sprint, Single Sentence Shot Put, 110 Word Hurdle and 400 Word Cross Country. Meanwhile, Quinlan Vos is reassuring a few of his teamates who are protesting that they are artists, not athletes.

By the time the day's competition is over, the audience gave up on understanding what's going on. The speaker announces: "Let's hear it for decathletes Ayesha and Jesse! Score: Encounter (I)."

---------------------------

@devilinthedetails First of all, I want to second what Ubersue said above. You're definitely the best, and we're all very grateful for all the effort and passion you're putting in running this awesome challenge for us [:D] Second, to make your indexing easier, you can go ahead and insert the link above for my Quinlan Vos triathlon, the artists & artworks pentathlon and the Ayesha & Jesse decathlon, since they will all be posted in this thread. Similarly, feel free to copy-paste the link for In the Shade of the Wroshyr under the Wookiee tribe pentathlon as well. Thanks again and again and again! @};-

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It has begun. The time of the Elves is over. The Age of the cat has come! (and my first adventure in the non-SW territory....) with.... Sauron: The Lord of the Cats Pentathlon

Now all your Tolkien reading needs is about cats. :p

And yes, @devilinthedetails is absolutely amazing and thank you for making this challenge possible! I have so many great entries to read on my list now!

Kahara, pronker, Chyntuck and 6 others like this.
  11. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've posted my thread for my SW Pentathlon about GFFA sports: Color Commentary . First entry is up.

Kahara, pronker, Chyntuck and 7 others like this.
  12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you for the kind words, everybody, and for participating to make this one of the highlights of the fanfic year for me[:D]

I have updated the competition index with links to everybody's stories!

And I am delighted to see that my fanfic "to be read" list continues to expand in the best way[face_dancing]

Kahara, pronker, Chyntuck and 7 others like this.
  13. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    I've started a Word file with the categories for the 2023 Favorites of Fanfic event (which I expect will run next year), and am adding various Olympics stories with links. This way next year I will have a list of fics for most of the categories.

Of course, I'll still need to narrow it down... [face_thinking]

Kahara, pronker, Chyntuck and 5 others like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poetry now in the 5th part of my decathlon special ops

Kahara, pronker, Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    On a readerly note, I'm enjoying the entries immensely.

On the authorly side, I just posted the High Dive.

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Great minds think alike in this regard because I definitely comb through Olympic and other challenge threads for inspiration come the Favorites of Fanfic Festival season:D

17. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    I concur; there's so much great reading in this challenge! I especially love the diverse genres that I see happening. :)

As Qui-Gon approaches the finish line, two more fans wriggle past security and sprint shrieking onto the field on an intercept course. Obi-Wan uses the Force to halt them in time and holds them until security can bring in reinforcements, which turns out to be quite a while. While the next event is being set up, Qui-Gon chats up the captive fans and takes selfies with them.

The second event is ready, and Qui-Gon takes his place on the court: Tennis Match.

"Mediation"

18. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    In which all were very busy: Prepping for Flight, my pentathlon featuring Melch and his relatives.

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Luke and Leia drag themselves into the stands to watch others having fun because man, 3x300 basketball was a little harrowing today. Leia chugs a bottle of water and calls her therapist while Luke pours his water over his head and flexes his artificial hand.

We Shall All Hang Separately has been updated with Synergy, Toil, and Dauntless.

20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Me three! I started my file sometime during the KR. I hardly read anything last year, so I didn't have many stories to nominate for the 2023 festival, but next year I expect to have the opposite problem. There is so much great writing on the boards and just not enough categories!

21. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022
    If you have some ideas for more categories for next year's Favourites of Fanfic Festival, you can post them in the thread here. :)

22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I don't think we can add more categories to the festival without becoming exceedingly specific (e.g. "favourite story featuring a cat" :p ) and quite frankly I feel that adding more categories would make the list rather unwieldy, but I know that fitting all the amazing stories I read in the number of available slots is going to be painful. I mean, I could fill them all with this challenge alone, and we aren't even a week in!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    If there isn't something like this already, maybe a category that isn't named per se but encompasses those stories that the reader considers most unique/unusual or that they cannot stop thinking about and they give the reason(s) why. And for those spill over stories that you wish you could nominate for a specific category, I always liked the Best Response to a Challenge.

24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Just a quick and friendly reminder to please keep the Olympics thread on topic, folks. :) Any and all suggestions and discussion concerning the next Festival of Favorites should go in the previous festival thread, as linked by @UltramassiveUbersue above (thank you for that, Ubersue). Thanks for understanding! :cool:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  25. UltramassiveUbersue

Nov 7, 2022